2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2016 3:38 PM by kerrishotts

Just can't get statusbar plugin working at all, out of ideas

madnutt

I'm writing code on a windows machine and using the phonegap developer app on my iphone and trying to get the cordova-plugin-statusbar to work. According to the adobe documentation this should work in the developer app.

I've installed it directly from the git repo, the directory and corresponding files were added to my project no problem.

After that I added <plugin name="cordova-plugin-statusbar"/> to my config.xml file, then added the corresponding

<preference name="StatusBarBackgroundColor" value="#FF0000" />

<preference name="StatusBarStyle" value="lightcontent" /> tags to the config.xml file as well.

After that I run "phonegap build", then "phonegap serve" and open the phonegap developer app on my phone.

I've mucked about with things like removing the plugin, adding the ios platform, re-adding the plugin.

I added a function to try and set the status bar after the device is ready that runs this code:

if (window.cordova && StatusBar) {

StatusBar.backgroundColorByHexString('#FF0000');

alert('made it here');

}

I get the alert, but the status bar doesn't change, nor does it pay any attention to the settings I placed in the config.xml file.

I've been stuck on this for hours, and at this point every single google link in my searches is purple. Maybe I'm missing some fundamental understanding of how this all works? Maybe I'm missing something obvious? I really just have no clue after wasting nearly an entire day on this

Would happily send someone some beer money if they could help me out with this