9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2017 2:20 PM by HPA Photography

Metadata operations error: "Photos have read-only access"

Erik7890

Hi,

I have had this problem for a while, and I'm really getting tired of it. When Lightroom tries to write metadata, it sometimes fail with the following error: "Some save metadata operations were not performed. Photos have read-only access.".

This usually happens when queue up a few HDR merge or Panorama merge operations, and when the file has been saved and imported, this message shows up.

If I OK the dialog, and just wait for a minute or so metadata will automatically be saved. Sometimes it happens when doing general tagging as well, and after a while it will save it, or I can do it manually. This proves that the files does in fact have write access. It mostly seems to happen with DNG, not as often with RAF and XMP sidecar files. It does however happen with all kinds of files when writing metadata in batch, and batch operations is where it almost always seem to happen.

I have checked my file system permissions and they are fine. This also happens both with internal SSD and NAS storage, both with proper permissions set.

What can I do to fix this issue? Is it a Lightroom bug?

Lightroom version: Lightroom CC 2016.6.1

Camera Raw: 9.6

Here's a few screenshots:

Skärmavbild 2016-08-14 kl. 10.44.01.png

Skärmavbild 2016-08-14 kl. 10.44.02.png

"Du kan läsa och skriva" = "You can read and write"

Skärmavbild 2016-08-14 kl. 10.45.01.png