6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2016 9:47 PM by michaely96955260

How do I choose the number of Menu Scenes per Selection screen?

michaely96955260

Hi. I am having a very frustrating time at the moment; would really appreciate some help.

In a video I have filmed and edited I have a set of 9 printmaker's lessons; I used a Sony EX3.

Each lesson is a chapter (scene). With 9 lessons it seems perfect to have three CHAPTER SELECTION screens with three chapters on each screen. But I can't get my Premier Elements 14 program to co-operate! On my first Chapter Selection screen the program wants to insert 4 chapters. If I delete the 4th one it replaces it with chapter 5. If I delete that it replaces it with chapter 6. You get the gist of what's going on.

Can anyone help, please? I still want 3 chapters to each of three screens. This will allow a good size thumbnail that will allow the viewer to identify what is being taught in that chapter.

Another question: all the text in my menu is pixilated (but it is fine on the timeline, 1920 x1080). I can't find any way of changing it. Any suggestions? Please.

Mike

• 1. Re: How do I choose the number of Menu Scenes per Selection screen?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I'd recommend you deal with one issue per thread, Mike. I'd post your second question to a separate thread so you don't end up with a bunch of cross-talk trying to answer two questions at once.

That said, it sounds like you're asking about Movie Menu templates. And it sounds like you've got 9 menu markers on your timeline. Is that right?

That said, which Movie Menu template have you selected? Some templates have three scenes on their scene menu page, some of four and some have five. The program will only create as many scene buttons as you have menu markers on your timeline. If you have more menu markers than the template includes on a page, additional pages will be created to accommodate all of your menu markers.

It's not clear what you mean when you say "If I delete the 4th one it replaces it with chapter 5." Where and how are you deleting chapters?

• 2. Re: How do I choose the number of Menu Scenes per Selection screen?
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Movie Menu's have default set Chapters. Cannot change that.

If you want 3 chapter on a page you will have to find a menu with 3 chapters.

• 3. Re: How do I choose the number of Menu Scenes per Selection screen?
              michaely96955260 Level 1

Hi, Steve. Thanks very much for getting back to me! (And for the advice

on one question per community).

And thanks for all the Youtube tutorials you did on Premier Elements;

they were very informative.

I chose the Premier Elements template  called Grid (it seems to be a

double template you can't separate out). I inserted a Japanese abstract

print from my print maker client as a background and then set up a main

menu page (which seems okay) and three more menu pages for the scenes:

three menu markers on each would allow me chpts 1-3 on the first page,

chpts 4-6 on the second, chpts 7-9 on the third page.

I place chpts 1-3 on page one but the template would not allow me to put

Chapter 4 marker on the second menu page; it insisted it go at the

bottom of the first page. So I decided to delete chapter 4 menu marker

off that page and see if the template would allow me to, once again,

place it on the second page. But it didn't work. When I deleted the chpt

4 menu marker immediately the chpt 5 menu marker took its place (on

bottom of menu page number one). So I deleted chpt 5 marker and it was

immediately replaced by the chpt 6 marker on the first page.

Do you see the problem? Everything I'm talking about is in the menu

setup; everything else is setup as required on the timeline with a menu

marker at the beginning of each chapter.

You say that some templates have three scenes on their scene menu page (

and others more). I need three per page and I need to be able to put

only three chapters per page. I have 9 menu markers so I guess that

means it will create 9 scene buttons. But how do I get only 3 on each

page? It sounds like I've chosen a template that takes has 4 menu

buttons on each page and so I can't use that for my purposes. That sound

right?

As an alternative, can I create a custom made template? A print as a

background on all four menu pages (main + three scene pages) and three

buttons on each page?

Thanks, Steve

Hope that clarifies what is happening.

Mike

• 4. Re: How do I choose the number of Menu Scenes per Selection screen?
                michaely96955260 Level 1

Thanks, Ann. That seems to be the solution.

Mike

• 5. Re: How do I choose the number of Menu Scenes per Selection screen?
                  Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If Photoshop Elements ever allows one to edit layers. You can make your own menu's.

Sounds like a good feature request.

Meantime you have to the Photoshop CC.