6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2006 11:36 PM by Newsgroup_User

tweening several objects

Level 7
      If I wanted to make a firework clip there a number of objects spead from one
      point outside, I place all the object into one point in the first keyframe,
      and spread them round the sceen in the final keyframe. How do I tween them?

• 1. Re: tweening several objects
          .:}x-=V!P=-x{:. Level 3
          make each particle a graphic then for each particle put on its own layer. for each particle right click the keyframe and select motion tween, then make a new keyframe and position the particle graphic in the ending animation position

hope that quick explanation didnt confuse you more.
          • 2. Re: tweening several objects
            Level 7
            Thanks, it doesnot confuse.
            On the contrary, I now see that this is the only way to tell Flash with
            which particle to do what. Otherwise Flash will get confused

".:}x-=V!P=-x{:." <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:e2tn2c$bts$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > make each particle a graphic then for each particle put on its own layer.
            for
            > each particle right click the keyframe and select motion tween, then make
            a new
            > keyframe and position the particle graphic in the ending animation
            position
            >
            > hope that quick explanation didnt confuse you more.
            >

• 3. Re: tweening several objects
              shyaway Level 1
              quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
              the only way

1 of many ways
              • 4. Re: tweening several objects
                Level 7
                Is this one the most tedious or you can offer something less
                labour-intensive?

"shyaway" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:e2trfd$hkg$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
                > the only way
                >
                > 1 of many ways

• 5. Re: tweening several objects
                  shyaway Level 1
                  it depends on your needs and what you're most comfortable with.
                  for me, i go all out scripting unless neccessary otherwise.

see the Tween component in help if you are interested in tweening with scripts.
                  also, the _x and _y could also be used.
                  setInterval and setTimeout also good for moving stuff around time based.
                  • 6. Re: tweening several objects
                    Level 7
                    I prefer to do everything through AS and not interested in Tweening per ce
                    or other WYSIWYG.
                    So when modelling, say, a bottle, expoloded by a bullet, i.e. a number of
                    debris of different size and shape to move apart, I place every debris into
                    a separate movieclip, then position every debris-clip into a main clip using
                    attachMovie(), set initial coordinates and then on which debris set
                    onEnterFrame to execute a function to change coordinates.

Then I can reuse this explosion clip in other flash games by importing it.
                    My concern was, to make a good effect, the number of debris needs to be
                    large, and executing a movement function onEnterFrame for every debris might
                    slow down the computer.
                    I thought that through tweening it will be less of a burden. However in
                    another thread I read, that whether Tweening or AS, behind the screen FLASH
                    does the same job every frame calculating coordinates of every debris.
                    If this is the case, then AS is preferrable for me.

"shyaway" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                    news:e316uk$oel$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                    > it depends on your needs and what you're most comfortable with.
                    > for me, i go all out scripting unless neccessary otherwise.
                    >
                    > see the Tween component in help if you are interested in tweening with
                    scripts.
                    > also, the _x and _y could also be used.
                    > setInterval and setTimeout also good for moving stuff around time based.
                    >
                    >