7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2016 5:04 PM by wobertc

Slideshow FPS problems

Reiverstudios

Hi my name is Kai and I'm a photographer. I recently created a slideshow in lightroom and as I live in the UK I will need to export it at 25fps, lightroom doesn't give options for changing my fps when exporting the slideshow. I have also searched different forums and only managed to find one other person asking the same question but the person that gave him an answer has put in a dead link. Any help would be much appreciated.

• 1. Re: Slideshow FPS problems
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Reiverstudios,

Please refer the below discussion.

LR video exports at 10 fps, not 24 fps ...

Regards,

Mohit

• 2. Re: Slideshow FPS problems
            wobertc Adobe Community Professional

I made some notes (copy below) on this topic some time ago, but have never done a 'video' from time lapse myself. Maybe it may help an answer-

1. SHOOT SUFFICIENT IMAGES

2. IN THE LR SLIDESHOW PANEL

- SET AUTO PLAYBACK

- SET SLIDE SPEED TO MINIMUM 1 SECOND

3. CREATE A TEMPLATE “TIME LAPSE”

4. RIGHT-CLICK ON “TIME LAPSE” TEMPLATE, EXPORT TO DESKTOP

5. OPEN TEMPLATE AS A TEXT FILE (MAY NEED FILE EXTENSION CHANGED TO .TXT)

6. FIND THE LINE WHERE: SPEED = 1

7. CHANGE SETTING: SPEED = 0.333667003  (ie. 29.97 FRAMES/SECOND –STOPS FLICKER!)

8. SAVE THE TEXT FILE AS “TIME LAPSE.LRTEMPLATE”

9. RIGHT-CLICK ON SLIDESHOW IN COLLECTIONS, IMPORT THE CHANGED TEMPLATE.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Slideshow FPS problems
              Reiverstudios Level 1

Thanks for the responses both. wobertc im trying to get my fps to 25 fps but your guide shows how to get it to 29.97 fps. What i would need to change the speed to for 25 fps~? im guessing 0.25?

• 4. Re: Slideshow FPS problems

Now- apologies!!!  When I check the notes given above I note the big error.

They should read SPEED = 0.0333667003  Note the missing zero.

The calculation is arrived at by  1 divided by frame rate.    1/29.97 = 0.0333667

So for 25fps,  1/25fps = 0.04 (seconds)

Give 0.04 a try.

• 5. Re: Slideshow FPS problems
                  Reiverstudios Level 1

Ok so when I exported the slideshow, the speed was set to 0.04 and after it finished exporting and I looked at the videos properties it was still at 30 fps :*(

• 6. Re: Slideshow FPS problems
                    trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

wobertc wrote:

I made some notes (copy below) on this topic some time ago, but have never done a 'video' from time lapse myself. Maybe it may help an answer-

5. OPEN TEMPLATE AS A TEXT FILE (MAY NEED FILE EXTENSION CHANGED TO .TXT)

6. FIND THE LINE WHERE: SPEED = 1

7. CHANGE SETTING: SPEED = 0.333667003 (ie. 29.97 FRAMES/SECOND –STOPS FLICKER!)

Changes were made in LR5 to the slideshow module to add video clips to the slideshow. Because of this editing the Slideshow template to change frame rate no longer works. There was a post on the Photoshop Family forum that discusses this issue with confirmation from an Adobe staff member. Unfortunately I can't find the post. You can try reposting the question here and see if someone can help:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

• 7. Re: Slideshow FPS problems

Thanks  trshaner for the update.

So sorry Reiverstudios it is now 'out of my league'

Keep asking the question..