7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2016 4:11 PM by Phil.com

APE 11 License Stopped Working

Phil.com Level 1

APE 11 Stopped working and all I get now is Elements 11 Organizer License agreement. I accept it and it keeps coming back. I can't open the program.

I now see all my Adobe products have stopped working. With a message to fix it uninstall the S/W and reinstall. As instructed I uninstalled APE 11 and reinstalled it. Nothing changed.

This is crazy, all their products stopped working at one, license expires.

I'm running windows 10 on a new PC.

What's going on and how do I get back in business.

Thank you.

Cheers! Phil

• 1. Re: APE 11 License Stopped Working
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

There is no reason this should happen. Licenses for Elements products never expire.

I'd recommend you try contact Adobe support via Chat.

Contact Customer Care

• 2. Re: APE 11 License Stopped Working
            Phil.com Level 1

after 35 minutes with Chat here is their answer:

Well I apologize but version 11 is not supported any longer and only latest version of Elements is supported now that is Elements 14, I would request you to visit our forums support for more help.

Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop and InDesign also have the same problem. They are all frozen.

Thanks.

Cheers! Phil

• 3. Re: APE 11 License Stopped Working
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I'd run  Malware Bytes. Assuming your software is all pre-Creative Cloud, there is no reason any of it should terminate its license.

You've definitely got something out of the ordinary going there.

• 4. Re: APE 11 License Stopped Working
                Phil.com Level 1

Well still trying to no avail.

I deleted all my Adobe programs. Scanned and ran Malware Bytes, restarted and reinstalled APE 11. Same screen "Elements 11 Organizer License agreement" I select Accept  and the same screen just  keeps coming back.

Lots to think about. One is to use Carbonie and just restore my entire hard drive from a few dates before the initial infection.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers! Phil

• 5. Re: APE 11 License Stopped Working
                  Phil.com Level 1

Never did solve the specific problem. Here is my work around.  I purchased APE 14 and it works. It only hit my old programs. Somebody told me that Adobe blocked all my Adobe programs, like Creative Suite 3 – Design Premium,  to force me to a cloud subscription $$$. Why just me? If they were doing that wouldn’t there be some kind of an uproar?

Does anybody from Adobe read this forum?

Still bewildered, but I can now get to editing a critical program for the upcoming election on California ballot propositions.

Thanks Everybody.

Cheers and Peace! Phil

• 6. Re: APE 11 License Stopped Working
                    Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Somebody told me that Adobe blocked all my Adobe programs, like Creative Suite 3 – Design Premium,  to force me to a cloud subscription $$$. Why just me? If they were doing that wouldn’t there be some kind of an uproar?

No that is not true. No blocking programs by Adobe.

You still have support for CS3 concerning activation.

• 7. Re: APE 11 License Stopped Working
                      Phil.com Level 1

I didn't think so but Adobe should know that some malware is freezing all my Adobe programs with a message that the license has expired. Details above. I tried Adobe Chat for my Premier Elements 11 license expires message  but was told they don't support it only support  the current version 14.

Thanks for responding.

Cheers! Phl