Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

quiz overwriting score on LMS when going back

Participant ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CP 9:

Problem: Score is being overwritten by a new one when user goes back to look at quiz page regardless of making any changes.

I want latest "passing" % to not change when user clicks around course after have successfully completed. Let's say the user wants to look over the content again or see the quiz question again.

I have the course set to infinite attempts. 'Retake' button on score page is shown when less than 70% result. With a 70% and over result a 'continue' button is shown. User is free to browse the course at this point (and at any point for that matter).

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something that you are supposed to be able to control from the LMS settings for the course (if your LMS is any good). You need to be able to set it up so that:

• Once the learner has achieved competency, then any further scores do not erase that result.  OR...
  • The learner is given the option when launching the course as to whether or not they want to do it for Credit, or just to Review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rod. thanks for replying. I want to be sure we are talking about the same thing: this does not involved relaunching; rather, the user finishes course successfully and then, without closing course, clicks around the content. I noticed if he ends up on a Quiz question it sets score to 0 when he closes course. so it set percentage score to 0 but keeps the "completion" and "passed" status. I want to keep the original % intact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was talking about relaunching the course from the LMS.

It would appear that your user is triggering a Retake Quiz by navigating around the content after completing the quiz.

I would suggest you set up your navigation to make it impossible for the learner to go back through the content.  Once they achieve a passing score, they should ONLY be able to complete the course from there.  If they want to view the content again, they should be required to relaunch.  Hopefully your LMS will then allow them the option to choose For Credit or just Review so that their original score is unaffected if they choose Review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks, Rod. Client seems to really want user to have the option of viewing content again. I did have it set to lock TOC after quiz success. I just wanted to be sure that there is no "somewhat" simple method for retaining the score upon a return within same session after quiz completion. And it is set for infinite attempts with a retake and completion button.

I will get back to them with a couple questions about your suggestions. thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I have seen a quiz can be inadvertently reset if the learner has completed the quiz and then jumps outside the quiz scope. 

I would suggest you try an experiment of adding a scored button that reports to the quiz on the SECOND or third slide of the project. Make sure the learner has to click that button going into the content which then means they are technically inside the quiz scope.  Then see if the score gets reset if they jump around ONLY on slides AFTER the slide with the scored button, or if it resets ONLY if they jump to the slide BEFORE the scored button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

strange, my client said an earlier version of my project allowed the LMS to give user chance to review course again without affecting score. I cannot recall what my settings were to allow this or that this was even an option I could control!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources