1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 22, 2016 10:21 AM by Szalam

Import & Replace Usage - Lag?

himanikev

Anyone else have this issue? This is a minor annoyance but I've been waiting to see if it would get fixed since AE CC 2014, when it seems it "broke".

I use the Import & Replace feature in the Render Queue Output Module to import my rendered DPX frames and replace the parented solid I have in a QT comp so I can make a viewing QT at the same time.

The issue has been that the "import" happens, but the "replace" seems to happen to late, because the quicktime renders only black frames.

I have to duplicate with name, and run the QT render again and all is fine. Its as if a small, like half a second, lag were inserted in the command before it starts rendering the second comp would solve the problem.

This is still happening with 2015.2. I have not moved into 2015.3 due to other issues, so don't know if this has been looked at or addressed yet. Thanks - KK

• 1. Re: Import & Replace Usage - Lag?
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

himanikev wrote:

This is still happening with 2015.2. I have not moved into 2015.3 due to other issues, so don't know if this has been looked at or addressed yet. Thanks - KK

What "other issues"? 2015.3 is not an update to CC 2015 - it is a brand new version, So you can install it alongside CC 2015 without messing with anything in your older versions. (You just have to make sure you go into the "advanced options" part of the CC app during the "upgrade" process and uncheck the option to remove older versions - discussed here.)

I haven't tried render and replace in AE recently, so I haven't experienced your issue. If I remember, I'll try it later.