1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 18, 2016 7:00 AM by Bernd Alheit

Unexpected page rotation

joet082964 Level 3

Using Acrobat DC 2015.017.20053 on Win 7

We receive A4 PDFs and need to resize them to 8.5 x 11, and have done so for several years.

Lately, the resulting page is rotated 90 clockwise.

The process we use is to re-burn the PDF using the Print command and printing to Adobe PDF as the printer, and reducing 92% so the A4 content will fit on 8.5 x 11.  Here is a screen shot of the print screen:

To test the problem, I thought it may have had something to do with the PDF setting/rotation, etc. when originally created, so I made several new PDFs in A4 and tabloid size, and the same thing happens.

I have tried setting the orientation to portrait, but it still results in rotated pages. In fact, after trying a couple of different orientations and scale percentages, Acrobat DC crashes. Then during any further attempts at the print process, it will continue to crash.  Once that happens, I have to restart the PC to be able to print again.

Any ideas?

EDIT:  I have also created several different sized PDFs from scratch using INDD, and the result is the same.  Reducing to LTR size causes rotation.