2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2016 5:28 AM by Steve Grisetti

PE 14 Video "Adjustments" Freeze My PC

johne57824776

The PE 14 Video "Adjustments" functions freeze My PC after extensive processing.  Specifically, I'm running the "Shake Reduction" function/feature on a large AVI file.  After "successfully" processing all of the frames in the AVI file, the display shows "Shake reduction is in process" and the PC locks up.  The Windows task Manager shows PE 14 using almost all physical memory (32GB!) and processor capacity.  I have the latest version of PE 14 running on a one-year-old Dell 8700 using Windows 10 with 32GB of memory and a 4TB RAID 0 array for video files storage.  Very frustrating - can anyone tell me what might be the problem?  Thanks.

• 1. Re: PE 14 Video "Adjustments" Freeze My PC
          Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

Sounds like your using Adobe Premiere Elements and need to post the question in that forum

instead of the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum.

Premiere Elements

• 2. Re: PE 14 Video "Adjustments" Freeze My PC
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It's possible the RAID setup is interfering with the process.

You have plenty of power and you should have be able to run this program without even working up a sweat.

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what resolution is the video? You say it's an AVI, but an AVI could mean anything from a standard DV-AVI from a miniDV camcorder to an AVI using some weird non-standard codec, as often happens with video from sources like on-screen recording apps.

How long is the video clip you're trying to adjust? What happens if you trim the clip on your timeline so that it's only a minute long?