10 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2017 6:37 AM by Sue Garibaldi

Adobe Sketch on iPad Pro: Palm rejection

Stevemrcourtney Level 1

Hi

I'm new to Adobe Sketch and I've been following a course on Lynda.com, but the interface is different, I understand that iPad Pro doesn't have the pen icon. This is what the instructor used to turn on Palm Rejection. How can I turn this on using the iPad Pro? Also, I got a message saying that another feature to adjust the brush settings was for a limited time only as it was premium. Is there an option to opt into premium, or is that through the creative cloud packages? I am already subscribe to the Photography bundle.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I have searched the forum and can't find the answers.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Adobe Sketch on iPad Pro: Palm rejection
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Steve,

I'm guessing you're using Pencil on your iPad Pro? If so, there's no palm rejection to turn on.

About the brush settings... It's a type of feature that we, at some point, may determine to be available only to subscribers, but since you subscribe to the Photography plan, you'll have access to them. (You shouldn't have received the notification but I have heard other Creative Cloud subscribers mention it so it's not completely uncommon.)

Does that help?

Sue.

• 2. Re: Adobe Sketch on iPad Pro: Palm rejection
            Stevemrcourtney Level 1

Hi Sue

Thank you for the fast and helpful response. You've answered everything I needed to know.  Yes, I am using the Apple Pencil. Will the 'palm rejection' be something to look forward to in the near future? I hope so, but I will manage without in the mean time.

Thanks again

Steve

• 3. Re: Adobe Sketch on iPad Pro: Palm rejection

Hi Steve,

Sorry, I didn't see your response until just now. Palm rejection + Pencil is a subject that comes up a lot with people who use our drawing apps, but I honestly just don't know what the plan is for making changes to how that's handled.

I'm sorry I don't have more information about it.

Are you asking because you're leaving marks on the screen or is there some other reasons. (I'm asking because it helps to know when I pass comments along to the product teams.)

Sue.

• 4. Re: Adobe Sketch on iPad Pro: Palm rejection
                Stevemrcourtney Level 1

Hi Sue

No worries.

I'm getting quite a few unwanted pen strokes, more so with Sketch than Draw. It's not a major issue while I am aware of it.

Thanks

Steve

• 5. Re: Adobe Sketch on iPad Pro: Palm rejection

Thanks Steve.

I'll share this with the product team.

Sue.

• 6. Re: Adobe Sketch on iPad Pro: Palm rejection
                    coreypike Level 1

Hi Sue,

I dont know if it's too late to reply to this thread but I am having the same issue. Unwanted strokes due to Adobe Sketch and Draw mistaking my hand as a stroke while using the Apple Pencil on the iPad Pro. I've used other drawing apps that have a setting where the only stroke recognized is from the Pencil, but I would much prefer to stay with the Adobe suite of apps.

Anyway if you again pass this along to the team for a future update I would be a happy Adobe camper.

Corey

• 7. Re: Adobe Sketch on iPad Pro: Palm rejection

Hi Corey,

It's absolutely not too late. Although I don't have this trouble with Pencil, I see these types of comments frequently, so I definitely will share your comments with the team.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Sue.

• 8. Re: Adobe Sketch on iPad Pro: Palm rejection
                        c. l.g12120241 Level 1

I also just purchased an iPad Pro 9.7" and find the lack of palm rejection very difficult to deal with while drawing.  I understand that the Apple pencil using bluetooth would somehow "distinguish" between a palm and the pencil.  Doesn't work for me.

• 9. Re: Adobe Sketch on iPad Pro: Palm rejection
                          JoME Level 1

Hi
                          another year (nearly) gone and still the same issue - currently i have a bigger project to manage in illustrator so i am using the draw app again after years. Now i know again why i had id dumped :/
                          every little tap with my anckles is another dot on the screen - so using many layers and beeing extremely careful is my solution.
                          I just dont know where the trouble is to do a palm ejection on ipad pro with apple pencil? Procreate is having one sinc day one and its like charm (well not since day one though ^^)

Would still be nice to add since theres big potential to get more pro users to the CC - iam industrial designer and most of the people are still using cs6 ;P

regards

• 10. Re: Adobe Sketch on iPad Pro: Palm rejection

Hi JoMe.

Actually... it sounds like you're not using the most recent version of Sketch. In that latest version (4.1.1) there's a setting that enables preference adjustments for fingers/Pencil.

To access it:

In the lower navigation tap the Settings icon

From the menu that opens choose Preferences.

Scroll down to Apple Pencil Settings.

You can choose there how you'd like the app to recognize finger touches.

Hope that helps.

Sue.