2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2016 1:37 AM by vincentn6406499

[Help] Looking to make object styles enable as layers as a script??

vincentn6406499

PastedGraphic-1.png

For object Styles, is it possible to identify a layer instead of individually assigning the object box from each page? How would i make a layer a certain object style? I made that the QR Code Frame is on a certain layer on a 200+ document.. Any way for me in object styles to identify the QR Code layer without individually going through each document and assigning that a new object style? A script or something that enables me to edit this would be awesome!

• 1. Re: [Help] Looking to make object styles enable as layers as a script??
          Kai Rübsamen Level 4

To me it is not clear, what the question is! > Find all objects on a specific layer and apply an object style?

1. If so, loop through all your page items in your document

2. Check the layer

3. Apply your style

4. This can be done for the

a) current document

b) all documents of a book

c) all documents in a folder

Kai

• 2. Re: [Help] Looking to make object styles enable as layers as a script??
            vincentn6406499 Level 1

e1cf60d9-10f8-4733-81d5-677c7ce2bbd8.jpg

What I'm trying to do is finding a method that would allow me to enlarge the QR Code to the specific measurements of 0.125 in all around. I was told a method of assigning new object styles would work on a 200+ document. I figured out how to do it, but that would involve making a new object layer and assigning that object frame to the QR Code and then find/replace option to enlarge it.

I have the QR code in its own layer... I'm trying to find a method that would not involve me to manual go through each page and assign that qr code frame to a new object style, but figure a way to assign that object style to the QR Code layer instead.