8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2016 11:18 AM by Szalam

Powerful new machine. Unreasonably long render times.

jesser70671405

Hi. So I just built a new pc with i-5 6600k, GTX 1070, and 16gb RAM.

I shoot and edit 4k aerial photography for nature documentaries, as well as real estate stuff. I am currently trying to render a 35 second long 4k clip with a raytraced 3d text flythrough.

I am exporting through Adobe Media Encoder, CUDA Enabled, with a target bitrate of 50 mbps.

The first ten frames or so of the render cruise by in a few seconds, and the estimated time reads as 8 minutes. Then it just gradually slows until I get 12+ hours (this as far as I have let it go, it was still climbing)

I have asked others who do similar work, and they are stumped why this would take so long. My machine should be able to handle it.

If anyone has any ideas on why it is so slow, I would love to hear them. Thanks!

Edit: I sent the project to a friend, and he was able to render it on an older i-7, gtx 980ti, and same amount of RAM in UNDER 15 minutes. Something is seriously amiss here.

Edit2: I have found exporting as a .png sequence through AME, and then compiling and rendering the .pngs in Premiere and exporting the premiere project through AME works, in just about 3 hours..... I really don't think I should have to be going through this much trouble!!!