4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2016 11:55 PM by VectorP

prompt box data retrive

sawank18707653 Level 1

how to post data to server and get single row from the server by sending id in the prompt box.

• 1. Re: prompt box data retrive
          VectorP Level 4

Depends on

- your javascript UI framework, if any

- your favorite server side script language

- your database

Find tutorials online with these search words: "tutorial ajax <ui framework> <server script language> <database>"

If this is all new to you, you'd probably be better off interrupting your project, in order to work through a decent printed book on the subject.

• 2. Re: prompt box data retrive
            sawank18707653 Level 1

i just want to know, how can i get single row by sending id in the prompt box to server and at server side it should check the relevant row matching to the id.

• 3. Re: prompt box data retrive
              sawank18707653 Level 1

btw i am using jquery ,php , postgresql

• 4. Re: prompt box data retrive
                VectorP Level 4

So, you find a tutorial with "tutorial ajax jquery php postgresql"!

You are aware that this is not a Phonegap question, right? So this is not quite the place to spell it out for you. Besides, if you can only copy and paste code, you would not be able to understand the code and - later on - be in a position to make changes if required. It is important to do a bit of studying and gain some experience before attempting to create an app that needs to go live, someday.

The steps you need to make:

- design and create the database (if not present yet)

- create and test a web service which handles a post request (validation, database query, database response handling) and returns a json object or an error message/code

- test the web service and make corrections

- create a user interface which promps the user for input and validates that input

- test the application on various platforms and make corrections

1 person found this helpful