14 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2016 6:13 AM by Sue Garibaldi

Illustrator Mobile Creations Doesn't Download This Illustration

kerrye95414766

Hi guys,

So I created this illustration on my iPad Pro and decided to do cross hatching on the background. Easily thousands of shapes from that process.

After doing it for a few days, I finally finished the background.

13680000_10155139729488761_6295824213249423018_o.jpg

13914014_10155139709578761_2292349283663395559_o.jpg13988117_10155139726423761_262678054745119458_o.jpg

And then I tried to 'Send it to Illustrator'. This is what I got even after deleting all the other layers.

13958269_10155139707268761_7426969967998366865_o.jpg

OR

when it succeeded to send to Illustrator, this is what I got in Illustrator.

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 8.37.51 PM.png

Then a few days later I see it in the Mobile Creations tab of Illustrator.

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 8.28.30 PM.png

But it kept downloading for hours and days with nothing to show for.

What is going on Adobe? I finally have a tool to realise what I want to make but NOT being to export as a vector is very frustrating.

Other apps like Procreate and Autodesk Graphic are able to download the files straight from the iPad to the computer. People are spending hours and hours creating their work. They should be able to get the files in less than 5 mins. After all, this is 2016.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVEEEEEE the app. I am doing tons of work on it. But Creative Cloud is buggy as hell.

And why is it the Mobile Creations folder is not showing inside the Creative Cloud Files folder? WHY??? Please tell me you are working on this!!!

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 8.46.04 PM.png

And if someone has a solution, please please let me know.

• 1. Re: Illustrator Mobile Creations Doesn't Download This Illustration
          Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Hi Kerry,

Please check and confirm if you see the exact correct illustration on URL: asstes.adobe.com

Regards,

Sheena

• 2. Re: Illustrator Mobile Creations Doesn't Download This Illustration
            kerrye95414766 Level 1

Hi Sheena,

It is the correct address alright. But this is what I am seeing

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 11.31.26 PM.png

As you can see, the CC on the web doesn't show the same recent items as my Illustrator CC and Adobe Draw on iOS.

Best,

Kerry

• 3. Re: Illustrator Mobile Creations Doesn't Download This Illustration
              kerrye95414766 Level 1

Also the CC on the web, the Actions > Export only gives 2 options: png and jpg. There is no .draw or .ai. Odd choices for indeed.

• 4. Re: Illustrator Mobile Creations Doesn't Download This Illustration
                kerrye95414766 Level 1

And other illustrations are not updated/synced as well on the web CC.

Below is from my Illustrator CC Mobile Creations tab.

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 11.38.44 PM.png

And below is from the web CC under the Mobile Creations

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 11.38.24 PM.png

• 5. Re: Illustrator Mobile Creations Doesn't Download This Illustration
                  Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Kerry, I think there is an issue with the syncing of the files only.

Can you try to connect over a different network and re-sync all your work and then check?

• 6. Re: Illustrator Mobile Creations Doesn't Download This Illustration
                    Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Kerry,

Sorry this is so problematic. It shouldn't be. I have a few questions and a few things I'd like you to look at:

* What version of Draw are you using? You can find the version number by tapping on the Draw icon, then from the menu that opens choose About Draw (the version number will be at the top of the next screen).

* How's your wifi connection? I ask because it looks like the work is not fully syncing from your device to Creative Cloud, which I think could be why it won't open in Illustrator.

* You mention this one project, but how about the rest of your work in Draw? Is it showing up on assets.adobe.com? Are you able to send any other drawings to Illustrator CC or are you having trouble getting all of your work to the desktop app?

* Check you Internet connection from your device by using Safari to navigate to any website that's not already cached. Try to choose something that has a decent amount of content to load.

* After you make sure your wifi connection is good, leave the device, and the app open for a bit to see if the work syncs in its entirety.

Let me know what you find.

Sue.

P.S. I love your art.

• 7. Re: Illustrator Mobile Creations Doesn't Download This Illustration
                      kerrye95414766 Level 1

@Sheena I tried 3 different networks. Using 'Send to Illustrator' has never worked for that particular illustration w/ the cross hatch. For other illustrations that don't have cross hatch, it works most of the time. Which is great.

Most of the time, this illustration will result either Send Failed from Adobe Draw or it successfully sends to Illustrator CC BUT illustrator CC can't open it.

IMG_0172.PNG

But without the crosshatch, I can send it to Illustrator CC easily and quickly.

IMG_0171.PNG

Regarding re-syncing my work, I am not sure what you mean. Adobe Draw always syncs, right? Because on the My Account page it always says 'Back Up In Progress'.

Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 7.44.01 AM.png

• 8. Re: Illustrator Mobile Creations Doesn't Download This Illustration
                        kerrye95414766 Level 1

Hi Sue Garibaldi,

* What version of Draw are you using? You can find the version number by tapping on the Draw icon, then from the menu that opens choose About Draw (the version number will be at the top of the next screen).

//// Version 3.3.1

Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 7.48.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 7.55.49 AM.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* How's your wifi connection? I ask because it looks like the work is not fully syncing from your device to Creative Cloud, which I think could be why it won't open in Illustrator.

//// Wifi is good. No problem using the wifi on other apps on iPad or my laptop.

On my laptop Illustrator CC, it looks like everything is sync under Mobile Creations w/ the iPad. But I am NEVER able to download any files when I click it. The 3 dots just keeps animating w/o any result.

And what makes it worse, the web CC only has an Export function to JPG or PNG.

On my laptop

Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 8.02.01 AM.png

On the web CC

Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 7.28.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 8.03.48 AM.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* You mention this one project, but how about the rest of your work in Draw? Is it showing up on assets.adobe.com? Are you able to send any other drawings to Illustrator CC or are you having trouble getting all of your work to the desktop app?

//// Yes, only that one illustration (w/ the crosshatch) cannot be sent to Illustrator CC most of the time. When it can be sent, Illustrator CC  cannot open the file. Other illustrations were easily sent to Illustrator CC.

* Check you Internet connection from your device by using Safari to navigate to any website that's not already cached. Try to choose something that has a decent amount of content to load.

//// Done that. Nothing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------------------

* After you make sure your wifi connection is good, leave the device, and the app open for a bit to see if the work syncs in its entirety.

//// Will do that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------------------

• 9. Re: Illustrator Mobile Creations Doesn't Download This Illustration

Kerry,

I just noticed you're using a newer version of Illustrator CC than what's available. Is it a beta version of the app?

Have you tried closing all your desktop applications, signing out of the Creative Cloud Desktop App (tap on the Gear icon, then Preferences, then Sign Out), restarting your computer, then signing back in and trying again to send from Draw.

If not, will you try that and let me know how it goes?

Sue.

1 person found this helpful
                          • 10. Re: Illustrator Mobile Creations Doesn't Download This Illustration
                            kerrye95414766 Level 1

Sue,

The Illustrator CC was updated from Adobe.

I tried logging out and back in. Did NOT work.

Is it possible for me to create a video and send you a YouTube link so you know exactly what happens?

• 11. Re: Illustrator Mobile Creations Doesn't Download This Illustration

Kerry,

It's just this one drawing, right? I have a feeling it's getting hung up because of its complexity. Can you share the project with me? Here's how to do that:

Sign in to https://assets.adobe.com/ with your Adobe ID

Navigate to Assets/Files/Mobile Creations/Draw and select the project to share

Click on Share/Send Link, then the button Create Public Link

At this point, you can choose to send the link to an email address. Send it to me at susang at adobe dot com.

Sue.

• 12. Re: Illustrator Mobile Creations Doesn't Download This Illustration
                                kerrye95414766 Level 1

Hey Sue,

Just shared the link.

I don't think the complexity of the illustration should matter. It's just zeros and ones. In my head it's just a matter uploading and downloading, right?

Or just have it downloadable from iTunes like this:

Screen-Shot-2016-08-24-at-12.12.55-PM.jpg

I just need the vector to be used in Illustrator.

• 13. Re: Illustrator Mobile Creations Doesn't Download This Illustration
                                  kerrye95414766 Level 1

Hey Sue,

Something funny happened.

Using my 4G-connected iPhone as a hotspot, the 'Send to Illustrator CC' worked.

Now I have the file on my laptop.

Previously, I have been using the wifi connection at work (20MBPS), at home (5MBPS), at inlaws' (10MBPS). None of those connections worked.

So high speed internet connection is the way to go.

best,

Kerry

• 14. Re: Illustrator Mobile Creations Doesn't Download This Illustration

Kerry,

Yep. When a drawing is that complex if you're not using high-speed Internet, it will time-out before it sends. Almost every time.

Glad you have it on the desktop.

Sue.