0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2016 3:42 PM by benjaminb24631937

High Volume Tethered Capture w/ Develop Preset

benjaminb24631937

Hello,

I own an event photography business.

We take and print photos at events, similar to a photobooth but not automated and much higher volume. We can take as many as 200 photos per hour. We typically take 4 photos in 5-10 seconds and then print them as a "4-Up" prints as well as uploading to Facebook or Smugmug before taking the next set of photos.

For the last 4 or 5 years we've been using Lightroom 3 with Nikon D90 cameras. Everything has worked very well. We had been using HP and Dell computers running Windows 7 Pro, 8 GB Ram, Intel i7 processors, and 1TB hard drives.

However, we've tried using Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC 2015.5 and have some serious performance issues.

Using Lightroom 6 or Lightroom CC 2015.5:

1 - It takes 2-3 times as long for images to transfer from the camera to the computer.

2 - It takes 2-3 times as long to apply the develop preset (selected in the tethered capture bar).

3 - About every 12 - 16 photos, the develop preset is not applied.

4 - Overall, when cropping or switching between modules, the overall speed of the program is much, much slower than LR3.

We have tried a brand new HP running Windows 10 Pro, 16 GB Ram, Intel i7 Processor, and SSD.

Is there anyone I can talk to about this issue. My business depends on new versions of Lightroom being just as fast as the old versions. We can't keep using LR3 forever as new cameras will not work it (it doesn't recognized and Nikon D7100).

Thank you!

Ben