5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2016 7:54 PM by Ussnorway

DNS Server not found

B Henson

I recently designed a new website with Muse and hosted with Business Catalyst. I redirected the nameservers and the site was uploading fine.

Now, 2 days later I get this early message when trying to access the site from all browsers.

This site can’t be reached

www.filledbooks.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

A few hours later the site loaded fine.

A few hours after that. I get the message again.

Is there a problem with BC's servers?
      How can I fix this? !

• 1. Re: DNS Server not found
          PrabhakarKumar Adobe Employee

Hi Bridgett,

Sometime this happens when the ISP (Internet Service provider) clear the cache, so you must have checked on all the divices connected to the same network.

However, if you want to know the status for Business Catalyst anytime you can go to BC Status Page.

Thanks

Prabhakar Kumar

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: DNS Server not found
            Ussnorway Adobe Community Professional

B Henson wrote:

I recently designed a new website with Muse and hosted with Business Catalyst. I redirected the nameservers and the site was uploading fine.

a new site does not redirect namesevers... is this site using a domain name that was in use before?

if so it can take serveral days for all the old dns to point to this new address... I'm not a fan of Google hosting but even they manage to sort this suff.

• 3. Re: DNS Server not found
              B Henson Level 1

I've waited a few days and I'm still having the same problem. Sometimes the site works fine. Sometimes it doesn't. Also When the site isn't loading, when I try to publish in Muse it, Muse publishes to the temporary business catalyst site. Not the domain site. Do you know what would cause this?

• 4. Re: DNS Server not found
                B Henson Level 1

Thank you for trying to help. This domain name was redirected to another site, before I decided to create a separate site. Any wisdom you can offer is appreciated.

Thanks.

• 5. Re: DNS Server not found
                  Ussnorway Adobe Community Professional

B Henson wrote:

Thank you for trying to help. This domain name was redirected to another site, before I decided to create a separate site. Any wisdom you can offer is appreciated.

Thanks.

log o the admin area of this other site and look for the servername host... there are generally two, a main and a backup... you need these two addresses so that you can take back control.

If you can't find it then post the current host here or drop bc help a email

1 person found this helpful