4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2016 12:33 PM by Cerastes

Problem with MUSE Menus and Composition Widget

Cerastes Level 2

I seem to be having some sort of script problem when publishing my MUSE site.

I have created a blank composition widget in MUSE to autoplay. It autoplays fine in MUSE Preview mode and in Preview in Browser mode. But now that I have published it online, it is not auto-playing. In fact, even when you click manually on the slider it won't move the frames to the next one. I have 8 frames set up and the images are all published on my server into the images folder.

I have horizontal menus created and the last two have submenus. They drop down and view fine when hovered over, in both preview modes in MUSE just fine, and after I export my HTML and my browser shows the site preview before publishing online, as does the slider.

But then...

I publish the html into DreamWeaver and ftp it to my server from there and neither the composition slider nor the dropdown menus function. I have published several other MUSE sites this way so I consider that I do know how to publish them this way.

Here is a published page with the non-working elements on it:

http://christianhomebusinessassociation.com/tester.html

In the preview modes of MUSE the first frame of the composition shows up with a yellow colored trigger because the Active state is set to yellow and so then it just begins to autoplay from there. But not in my browsers when published. I have tried several different browsers and on a Mac and PC, and it is not auto-playing anywhere.

My settings in MUSE for the composition are:

Position: stacked

Show target: on rollover

Hide target: none

Transition: fading

Transition speed: 1.5

Autoplay: 4

Resume after: 3

Play once: not clicked

Others... not important.

I have recreated these elements and re-uploaded the entire site from scratch over and over and cleared caches and cookies and refreshed and I don't believe it is my browsers that are the problem.

I have checked my folders on the server and all of the folders and their contents are on my server that MUSE published as HTML. I did notice that there are none of the little pre-loader images uploading from MUSE into my images folder. Not sure if the drop-down submenus need those too??? But that should not stop the slideshow functioning on a manual basis anyway I would think?!?!?

As for the scripts themselves, 11 scripts were exported from MUSE, and I double-checked and all 11 are on my server.

I also thought that maybe it was a layers issue. But that should not stop the slider from going into action automatically whether it is on the top layer or not. That could make it unclickable, but should not stop it from functioning. If it was a layers issue also, then it should not function properly in the Preview in Browser mode, which, both issues work just fine in. And, my menu is on the top layer so that doesn't explain it's malfunction.

Please advise.

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Problem with MUSE Menus and Composition Widget
          Ussnorway Adobe Community Professional

step 1 = publish the muse part to Adobe BC and link to it so we can see that the code itself is correct eg, = slideshow

then download that code dirrect from bc into your Dreamweaver and ftp it back up to whatever testing server... be sure to add the /dw at the end of your log in the get all the links.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Problem with MUSE Menus and Composition Widget
            Cerastes Level 2

Well ~ I did a test and uploaded my site online through Business Catalyst then everything worked fine there. So, I ended up calling MUSE Support.

Support's suggestion was: rather than using DreamWeaver to upload my site via FTP, I use the option to just upload to my server using the "Upload to FTP Host" under the "File" menu.

This fixed it all! All menus are running fine now, and my MUSE slider on my testing page is working too. Although, I have a third party slider running on my home page now.

http://christianhomebusinessassociation.com/

She said it seemed for some reason DW was not getting all the files it needed to run my site properly. So maybe a new bug??? Who knows???

Anyway, my site and all it's components are working perfectly now ~ yay! Hope this helps someone else!

• 3. Re: Problem with MUSE Menus and Composition Widget
              Ussnorway Adobe Community Professional

Cerastes wrote

She said it seemed for some reason DW was not getting all the files it needed to run my site properly. So maybe a new bug??? Who knows???

using an old cs6 Dreamweaver can cause this but thanks for getting back and letting us know how you got on...

• 4. Re: Problem with MUSE Menus and Composition Widget
                Cerastes Level 2

Well, just for the record, I am using the latest version of MUSE CC, on a MacBook Pro with the latest version of OS ElCapitan. So all updated and current on my end there. Same with the DW version I am using to FTP, it's CC and up to date also.