4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2016 12:46 PM by Abambo

Export quality

adaml93571894

When I export the image into a JPEG to save on my hard drive the photo is not as crisp and light as on the light room image. The shadows are distorted as well.

I have the JPEG quality at 100% and the resolution at 300 pixels.

I don't use this program very often but I don't recall having issues like this a few months ago when I used it last.

• 1. Re: Export quality
          JoeKostoss Adobe Community Professional

100% jpeg quality is probably overkill, and resolution is meaningless here.  Quality can be affected by several other parameters.  Can you post a screenshot of the export dialog?  What are the dimensions of the exported jpeg in terms of pixels?

• 2. Re: Export quality
            Per Berntsen Adobe Community Professional

Do you have Resize to fit checked? If so, what pixel dimensions are you exporting to?

And how are you comparing the two images? To do a valid comparison, and to evalute sharpening properly, you need do view the images at 100%.

Jpg uses lossy compression, and even at 100 quality there may be some visible image degradation.

• 3. Re: Export quality
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It would be good if we could see your export settings. I can compare JPEG images exported at quality setting 100 or 80 And can see no difference in image quality, at least on my monitor. Is there any chance you are exporting as original?

• 4. Re: Export quality
                Abambo Adobe Community Professional

Your indications are not giving the information we need to advice on your problkem. A screen shot and the final image would however be welcome.