3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2006 8:12 AM by michael novia

I need some Help Please!!

Hi,

First of all, i will declare i am a total noob at flash, i have been using it for the past few weeks and am just getting to grips with it, but there is one thing that i have been trying to do for the past 2 days and it really is driving me up the wall. I have searched the net and this forum and nothing seems to work.

I was trying to link scenes, and i tried everything, naming frames, _root, etc.. and nothing worked, and i read that linking scenes was a bad idea, so im just gonna link to frames now on the one scene.

The problem i have now is, at the end of the scene i have a stop, this is at frame 60, and i have 4 buttons which i want to link to different scenarios, so i was gonna link each button to a specific frame number, I tried to link the button to frame 61 to start playing there, but it goes all the way back to the start of the scene and doesnt play frame 61 because there is a stop. all i want it to do is from the button relaease, play frame 61 and stop at 80, but it wont? There is a stop at frame 80 as well. any ideas?
      the scripts i am using on the button is

on (release) {
      gotoAndPlay(61);
      }

These past 2 days have been killing me and got to get this flash thing ready very soon. Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks and look forward to some help!!

cheers