4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2016 12:28 AM by Geoff the kiwi

going from lightroom to photoshop not working

vadaB

So when I select  "Edit in Adobe Photoshop..." it does nothing.  I have updated to the latest version of both softwares.  I have also cleared the preferences as stated on the adobe website. 

• 1. Re: going from lightroom to photoshop not working
          Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What is your OS?

Give step by step details of what you are doing??
          You need to proved exact information.... latest is not exact! Look in System Info under Help for the version numbers of the apps

• 2. Re: going from lightroom to photoshop not working
            vadaB Level 1

Hi -

Lightroom: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC relate date 2015.6.1

Photoshop: Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5.1 Release

My steps:

I use Lightroom to import and covert my raw images to adobe's DNG files.

I then make some adjustments to pictures (White Balance, Whites, Black, Highlights, Shadows, Crop, Exposure). 

Then I right click on the picture and select 'edit in'

95% of the time all the options are grayed out including 'edit in adobe phototshop'

Previously, I cleared the Lightroom preferences as instructed in another adobe forum. 

Did not correct the action.

Sometimes, after quitting Lightroom and restarting computer, the 'edit in photoshop' option is not grayed out.

However, when i select it, it does nothing. 

I was on the trail of adobe creative cloud, and 'edit in adobe photoshop' did work while i was on the trail.  Once I paid for my subscription, it stopped working.

If there is something I still need to describe, please let me know.  I appreciate any help in this matter.

-vada

• 3. Re: going from lightroom to photoshop not working
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Considering the workflow you have described, this probably doesn't apply. However, I will point out that if you are trying to work with smart previews then the option to edit in Photoshop will not be available. Lightroom must have access to the master images to integrate with Photoshop.

• 4. Re: going from lightroom to photoshop not working
                Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you have Photoshop open the result is the same???

Where are you image files stored?