7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2016 7:08 AM by FloppyDisc

CC 2015 changing modification date/time of links when packaging

FloppyDisc Level 1

ID CC 2015 is changing the modification date/time of the links when packaging. For example, say all of your links were from 2008. When you package the file the modification date/time changes to the exact day and time when the file was packaged.

This seems to only happen when packaging to a server (either from a server or from your desktop). The modification date/times are left as-is if you package to your desktop.

Before people jump in and state "just package to your desktop", please realize no previous version of ID behaved this way. Is this a glitch or an intentional reprogramming of the package utility?

• 1. Re: CC 2015 changing modification date/time of links when packaging
          Pragya Kandari Adobe Employee

Hi Greg,

Please help us understand the problem in more detail by answering a few questions.

1. What OS and version you are on(11.0, 11.4, 11.4.1 or other)?
          2. What exactly are you referring to by "modification date/time of links" ?

Is it the modified date which gets reflected in the links panel  Or the modified date of the asset in the Links folder of the           package Or something else?

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Pragya

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: CC 2015 changing modification date/time of links when packaging
            FloppyDisc Level 1

Hi, Pragya.

We are running OS 10.11.6

We are seeing this issue happen only when packaging from CC 2015 (all versions). The issue is not present when packaging from CC 2014 or CS6, or lower.

Say I create a InDesign file and place my company's logo on page 1. That link was last modified on October 24, 2008 at 11:58 AM. If I package that InDesign file to our working server, and then look at the modification date of the logo within the packaged folder the date and time of that link have changed to today's date and the time at which I packaged the file.

If I do the same steps but package to my desktop the modification date of the link remains as October 24, 2008 at 11:58 AM.

Clearly it has something to do with packaging to the server, but the issue is specific to CC 2015. I can package to the server from all previous versions of ID without any change to the link's modifciation date.

Any ideas?

• 3. Re: CC 2015 changing modification date/time of links when packaging
              Pragya Kandari Adobe Employee

Gregg,

It works perfectly fine for me on packaging to the server location.

It then looks like that there is something different in the workflows we two are doing.

Hence I will contact you over mail so that we can understand the difference the reproduce this in-house.

Regards

Pragya

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: CC 2015 changing modification date/time of links when packaging
                LuckyLuke

Hi Pragya,

We have the same issue here when we create the package directly on the server with CC2015…

Our server is a windows server with XtremeZ-IP and our operators are on mac.Screen Shot 2016-09-07 at 13.41.00.png

In the screenshot you can see what we mean… creating a package on server and on local machine from the same files…

Is there already a solution for this issue?

I saw that you continued the conversation out of the forums?!…

• 5. Re: CC 2015 changing modification date/time of links when packaging
                  FloppyDisc Level 1

HI, LuckyLuke.

Not sure why Pragya took the conversation out of the forum. Adobe has not come back with anything helpful as of yet.

We're also experiencing the issue using XtremeZ-IP. I did a test packaging to the Windows server using an SMB connection and it did not alter the mod dates. So it does seem specific to CC 2015 and XtremeZ-IP.

• 6. Re: CC 2015 changing modification date/time of links when packaging
                    LuckyLuke Level 1

Thanks FloppyDisc for the confirmation that we are not alone on this planet :-)…

Just be aware that SMB has some limitations on special characters in the filenames… isn't it? That's why we also pay  maintenance fee for XtremeZ-IP Acronis :-(

Let's hope that Pragya is still reading/following this conversation and that Adobe comes up with a solution or a simple answer…

• 7. Re: CC 2015 changing modification date/time of links when packaging
                      FloppyDisc Level 1

Hey, LuckyLuke.

Haven't heard back from Pragya in well over a week. We are going to escalate this issue to a higher level of support. I'll let you know how that goes.

Anything new to report on your end?