4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2016 11:25 AM by Peter Spier

Remove condensed of text boxes

abhijeett89122812

Is there any way, through which i can remove condensed applied to text boxes through out the file, plz check the below image...scripts.PNG

In these my text is condensed by "-25" i want to convert it "0" i face this situation through out the file in every text box so is there any way or trick through which i can remove condensed of every text through out the file...

• 1. Re: Remove condensed of text boxes
          Laubender Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You could do a Search/Replace action with TEXT Search/Replace to change tracking with -25 to 0:

Search for:

Formatting
          Tracking with -25

Replace with:

Formatting

Tracking with 0

If you want to change any value of tracking with zero tracking do it with GREP Search/Replace:

Search for:

.+
          Leave the formatting alone.

Replace with:

Formatting

Tracking with 0

If the tracking is used with a paragraph style or a character style, change the definition of the style.

Regards,
          Uwe

• 2. Re: Remove condensed of text boxes
            BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Very easy to do using Find/Change. Look under the format section where you can enter the tracking values in the Basic Character Formats pane for find and change

• 3. Re: Remove condensed of text boxes
              BarbBinder Adobe Community Professional

Are you using styles? If so, you can remove tracking from one string, and then right click the style in the styles panel, and choose redefine style. (If not, this is a good reminder as to why you should be.)

There is a keyboard shortcut to make it easier to remove one string at a time: press Alt+Ctrl+Q (Windows) or Option+Command+Q (Mac OS) to reset kerning and tracking.

Finally, you can use find/change to find all occurrences of a specific tracking value, and replace with 0.

InDesign CCss_002.png

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Remove condensed of text boxes
                Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

And with no active text cursor change the value to 0 if it isn't already to reset the default. Do it with no files open, too, if it is happening in new files as well.

1 person found this helpful