13 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2016 2:58 PM by ehoefler

Missing Lightroom Mobile integration

Voodoomatz Level 1

Hi,

I have a Adobe Photo subscription, Lightroom installed on my Mac as well as Lightroom Mobile on my Android phone.

I am correctly signed-in and synchronisation with Lightroom mobile is activated. When I log in to Lightroom Web (lightroom.adobe.com) I can see 209 photo and 1 collection.

However, in Lightroom on my Mac there is no "From Lightroom Mobile" catalogue and under preferences > lightroom mobile it shows no outstanding synchronisation activities. On my Mac I simply see no evidence of my Mobile photos or even how to get to them..

Can you help?

BR

Marcel

• 1. Re: Missing Lightroom Mobile integration
          john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Check you have set Lr up with your CC account. Use Help > System Info and check the first lines read:

"Lightroom version: CC....

License: Creative Cloud"

In Preferences, Mobile, look at the Account section. Are you "subscribed"?

Then in the Activity Center (top panel, where the logo is) click the area and start syncing.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Missing Lightroom Mobile integration
            Voodoomatz Level 1

Check you have set Lr up with your CC account. Use Help > System Info and check the first lines read:

"Lightroom version: CC....

License: Creative Cloud"

Version von Lightroom: CC 2015.6 [ 1078672 ]

Lizenz: Creative Cloud

In Preferences, Mobile, look at the Account section. Are you "subscribed"?

Yes

Then in the Activity Center (top panel, where the logo is) click the area and start syncing.

Did that, too. It says "Synchronisation is active." I turned it off and on a number of times without any changes.

• 3. Re: Missing Lightroom Mobile integration

OK, that seems to prove you're logged into CC and in the catalogue that is set to sync with LrM.

Go to Collections and to the little filter box at its top. Click it and change it to "synced collections". Anything visible? You should see the collection shown at lightroom.adobe.com.

How long have you been waiting for things to synch from your phone? Could you have more than one Adobe account?

• 4. Re: Missing Lightroom Mobile integration
                Voodoomatz Level 1

OK, that seems to prove you're logged into CC and in the catalogue that is set to sync with LrM.

Jup.

Go to Collections and to the little filter box at its top. Click it and change it to "synced collections". Anything visible? You should see the collection shown at lightroom.adobe.com.

As said above, I don't have a catalogue "From Lightroom Mobile" (as I would expect). When changing to "Synced collections" there is no collection showing up.

How long have you been waiting for things to synch from your phone? Could you have more than one Adobe account?

Multiple days. Negative.

• 5. Re: Missing Lightroom Mobile integration

You say catalogue "From Lightroom Mobile". Do you mean "collection" or "collection set"? One would expect a collection set and that it would contain a collection with the same name as the one in LrW.

What happens if you create a new collection in your Lightroom catalogue, and sync it? Does it appear in LrM and LrW? If that doesn't shake things up, the sync progress may reveal something interesting - or we may need one of the Adobe mobile guys to give their server a kick for you.

• 6. Re: Missing Lightroom Mobile integration
                    Voodoomatz Level 1

You say catalogue "From Lightroom Mobile". Do you mean "collection" or "collection set"? One would expect a collection set and that it would contain a collection with the same name as the one in LrW.

That's what I meant. As said, it's not there.

What happens if you create a new collection in your Lightroom catalogue, and sync it? Does it appear in LrM and LrW?

Hmm, strangely, I don't have the option to sync the collection.

Also, I just tried to sign out and sang back in. However, when I click on Help > Sign out (<my username>) Nothing happens and I stay signed in.

• 8. Re: Missing Lightroom Mobile integration
                      Voodoomatz Level 1

Is Sync paused?

Negative. When I hover the mouse pointer over "Sync with LrM" a speech bubble pops up saying "Syncing is activated".

• 9. Re: Missing Lightroom Mobile integration

Stupid question, but you were pointing to a dumb collection, not a smart one? Try creating a new dumb collection - is Sync available as an option in the New Collection dialog box.

Here's something to try. Go into Lightroom Web and sign out, then sign in. I admit, I have no idea why it might work, but this seemed to tickle Sync back to life (though I'd never seen such a long delay).

We're running out of options and I'll try to get an Adobe mobile guy to look in.

• 10. Re: Missing Lightroom Mobile integration
                          greule Adobe Employee

Hi Marcel, did you install the Lr Desktop version via the Creative Cloud app. If so, could you try to resign-in via the CC app-preferences. Quit Lr Desktop and re-sign-in via CC-app and re-start Lr Desktop afterwards.

If you still see the issue  could you try to remove the sync.lrdata file and restart Lr Desktop. This would restart/refresh the sync (metadata only).  Removing the Sync.lrdata might fix whatever the issue is. 

You can find the  sync.lrdata file here:

On Mac it's at /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata

On Win it would be at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\Sync.lrdata

When the sync.lrdata removal also fails to solve your issue could you please send me a LR Desktop diagnostic log?  - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

You can trigger the log via LR Desktop preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button

Hope this helps.

Guido,

• 11. Re: Missing Lightroom Mobile integration
                            Voodoomatz Level 1

Stupid question, but you were pointing to a dumb collection, not a smart one? Try creating a new dumb collection - is Sync available as an option in the New Collection dialog box.

Correct. A "dumb" collection.

Here's something to try. Go into Lightroom Web and sign out, then sign in. I admit, I have no idea why it might work, but this seemed to tickle Sync back to life (though I'd never seen such a long delay).

Did that. Changed the password. Restarted the laptop. Started Lr, signed in with the new pw - same issue.

• 12. Re: Missing Lightroom Mobile integration
                              Voodoomatz Level 1

Hi Marcel, did you install the Lr Desktop version via the Creative Cloud app. If so, could you try to resign-in via the CC app-preferences. Quit Lr Desktop and re-sign-in via CC-app and re-start Lr Desktop afterwards.

Did that. Same issue.

If you still see the issue could you try to remove the sync.lrdata file and restart Lr Desktop. This would restart/refresh the sync (metadata only). Removing the Sync.lrdata might fix whatever the issue is.

You can find the sync.lrdata file here:

On Mac it's at /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata

On Win it would be at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\Sync.lrdata

Hmm, that file does not exist. Neither in the location you mentioned nor anywhere else in my user directory.

When the sync.lrdata removal also fails to solve your issue could you please send me a LR Desktop diagnostic log? - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

Sent.

• 13. Re: Missing Lightroom Mobile integration
                                ehoefler Level 1

I am having this exact same issue. I've followed every step in this thread and have experienced the same results that "Voodoomatz" experienced. Was there a solution to this problem based on the data sent to Adobe?