28 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2017 5:44 PM by slecheminant

Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS

romen cole

Ok, before I begin my rant, here's my spec sheet...

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

El Capitan v.10.11.6

3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC

DUAL AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB

256GB SSD Internal Drive

3x 512GB SSD Samsung Eternal Drives (non-RAID)

I wanted to make sure it is already established that I am operating far beyond the "minimum system requirements". With these kinds of numbers, I should be able to manage the 3DFX for a motion feature film and not really skip a beat. I am a professional photographer and I shoot with full frame and medium format camera systems. Honestly, that is moot because I am seeing that bloody skinny wheel of death when dealing with the RAW files from both cameras.

So what's the solution to this? I dropped more than $5.5k on a new computer setup for the sole purpose of being able to streamline my photo selection/image management and editing process. Then I pay Adobe $30/mo for this software that is supposed to be the pinnacle of graphic processing and performance, and I get THIS piece of garbage. It's seriously got me wanting to chuck this Mac Pro from my loft window, but honestly I only have this issue with Lr CC. Every other software program that I run on this machine runs swimmingly, and Photoshop manages just fine for the most part - but LR crashes on me CONSTANTLY.

Furthermore, I've gone through all of the "optimizations" that the adobe developers seem to keep referencing. I increased my Camera Raw Cache settings to 15GB (and routinely dump the cache itself), minimized my image previews, turned off my OpenGL settings, and I am STILL getting that beach ball mockingly spinning in my face, maniacally laughing at my seemingly fruitless expenditure on a product that is supposed to be the flagship of creative programs.

Where is your commitment Adobe?! Why is it that your customers can dutifully pay you their hard earned money for a reliable program that, some of us, actually rely on for DAILY BUSINESS SOLUTIONS, and the best you can do is provide a dinky one-page URL with apparently worthless "optimizations" to make LR CC run more smoothly??? I'm sure if we all cancelled our subscriptions, you'd absolutely think of a more efficient and reliable software program to win back our faith - and you'd do so QUICKLY. But because you're the big giant ADOBE - noooooooo.....oh no. You don't need to hold yourselves accountable do you?! It honestly seems like you couldn't give 2kb worth of care to the people who actually CREATE THE FOUNDATION that you now stand upon!!!!

Should I have opted for the $12,000 Mac Pro instead of the dinky $4,000 model? Should I sell my audi and build a 32-core super computer that can somehow make up for this blunted excuse for a tool you wonderful people at Adobe call Lightroom? I just need to know. Please tell me: is that what kind of machinery us users need to purchase to get your software to run smoothly so we can focus on getting our WORK DONE instead of having to quietly avoid panic attacks brought on by the sheer rage that bubbles up from the depths of our SOULS when we put this much valuable time and personal resources into a product which is clearly substandard?!?! Tell me now so that I can look into selling one of my cameras that I need for my life blood just so I can reinvest it into a super-computer, if that's what's needed to get this program to run smoothly work. At least then, you're actually setting proper expectations and people know what they're getting into. Just tell the people "Yes, the program can run on these basic requirements, but if you actually want to get the FULL performance from our product, you need a NASA Super Computer worth of power to make her purr like a kitten. Then----well, MAYBE."

ANSWERS. ANYONE. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I NEED ANSWERS. Is there a hard copy of Lightroom I can download somewhere? There has to be a way around this. I'm at my wits' end.

• 1. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What are the pixel dimensions of your monitor(s)?

What are your photos' pixel dimensions?  Can you post an example photo to Dropbox and include a link in a reply, here?

If you don’t have a 4K or 5K monitor have you turned off Use Graphics Processor in LR / Prefs / Performance, or maybe that’s what you mean by turning off OpenGL?  In any case, do things get faster or slower with Use Graphics Processor turned off?

When LR crashes is it a video driver issue or something within LR indicated in the crash report.

When LR is slow, is the CPU or Memory maxed out for the process in Task Viewer?

• 2. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS
            richie k

Hi, You're not alone in this, and you're did right that Adobe don't seem to care. I have 6 Macs running this software, and it's a business too like you. It's beyond infuriating knowing something could be done, but isn't.

So Adobe, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO???

There's many of us out here waiting for an answer, while looking into other solutions, I'm switching away from LR very soon if you don't do something..

• 3. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS
              dj_paige Level 9

Adobe doesn't reply in this forum to questions like that.

• 4. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS
                best shot factory Level 1

do you mean that he was rude in his question so adobe is going to ignore his thread? I suffer similar issues with slowness on fast expensive machine with 4K monitor.

Thank you.

• 5. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS
                  dj_paige Level 9

No, I didn't mean he was rude.

I meant that Adobe does not reply to questions like that, rude or not. That's not the purpose of this forum. This forum is not a way to talk to Adobe. This forum is primarily a technical support forum from one user to another. Some Adobe staff do provide technical support in this forum too, answering specific technical questions. They do not respond to vague questions of the sort: "So Adobe, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO???" Also, Adobe almost never addresses future plans in this forum (plans that might answer the question "what are you going to do???") .

• 6. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS
                    Samoreen Level 2

Hi,

Your report will more likely be answered by an Adobe rep when posting it to the official feedback forum :

Photoshop Family Customer Community

• 7. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS
                      romen cole Level 1

No, I don't have a 4k monitor, which is actually adding to my frustration since this thing is supposed to be able to handle up to SIX 4K monitors at once. I couldn't imagine the kind of lag that I would be experiencing if I were attempting that.

No, I am presently running two 29" LG IPS (29UM57) Ultra-wide displays, with thunderbolt adapters. And yes, I turned off the graphics acceleration (unchecked "use graphic processor" box) because before then, the chugging that I experienced was 10x worse. So, you can imagine how much work I was getting done at that point.

As far as my memory being over-taxed, aside from the fact that I have a 6-core 3.5GHz i7 processor cranking under the hood of this thing, I also downloaded CleanMyMac 3, which allows me to free up RAM when it is getting overwhelmed. THIS didn't help either.

• 8. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS
                        romen cole Level 1

Richie, I passed my point of lividity WEEKS ago - I would have dropped Lr by now if I could find a viable alternative that is also seamless with my other software platforms, e.g. Ps and Ai, which I use often for my publications and such.

This seems like such a stupid problem to have! It's almost 2017! There are hover boards and cell phones that can utilize AR API's where people wear the bloody things on THEIR FACES....and yet Adobe can't seem to fix these relatively minuscule issues with Lr. It's just ridiculous.

I'm not being rude. I'm just beyond frustrated. Worse, is you can trust and believe, they'll still bill my credit card for the full amount this month! Not 43% of the invoice because I'm only getting about THAT much usage out of Lr...no. noooope. They're still going to charge me/us/everyone full price.

• 9. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS

How much memory and how much CPU is being taken during the time LR is working on something?  Is memory used up (RAM) and/or is CPU maxed out?

• 10. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS
                            romen cole Level 1

I went ahead and posted my gripe to the link you suggested. GOD I hope someone can give me something because my next step is to get someone on the phone. This is unfortunate, because whoever is on the other end will likely not be the programmer, system infrastructure/software engineer that put this thing together. Oh no...noooo no. It's going to be some customer service rep with a kind voice, eagerness to help and some loose understanding of how computers work; but really not a single modicum of useful knowledge on how to actually FIX this.

Ya.I anticipate this is going to be the person that Adobe will put at the front line of their defense to bear the full weight of my outrageously inflamed dissatisfaction. Maybe I should listen to some Enya and rub my ears before this happens.

• 12. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS

CleanMyMac 3 is likely freeing up RAM by swapping to virtual-memory on disk, which will slow things down for existing programs so new programs start up quicker.  So if the CleanMyMac 3 memory freeing function is running while LR is running, LR will likely get slower and slower as more of its memory resides in disk instead of in RAM.  I only have a PC so don't have detailed knowledge of the info shown but if TaskMonitor shows RAM vs VM and a page-faults rate that is useful to know. 

There is a bottleneck somewhere on your system.  The questions I'm asking and the sample photo is to help determine if this is something that works on other peoples'; systems and there is just something quirky with yours, or if what you're going isn't feasible on most desktop computers, nowadays.

I don't think my PC is that much newer than your Mac and has less cores so I'd like to see how well it performs compared to yours with the same photo.

• 13. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS

LR phone support is typically limited to downloading, install and licensing support, not troubleshooting.

You'll do better with technical information and answers to technical questions, than ranting and demanding.

Something seems wrong with your computer system.  There is a bottleneck, somewhere.

• 14. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS
                                  romen cole Level 1

Here you go. I went ahead and began processing ONE photo....and it's one from my Nikon (roughly a 25MB RAW image file), not my Medium Format camera which has much larger file sizes. I went through my normal Dodge & Burn image process until I got the first spinning wheel of death and the crash recorded on my activity monitor. This crash lasted for 3 minutes AFTER I compiled the screenshots, edited them in Ps, and posted them to this board.

You'll notice that, while my CPU and RAM is under a heavy load, it's nowhere NEAR being over-tasked. 

Screenshot 2016-08-23 22.13.36.pngScreenshot 2016-08-23 22.13.50.png

• 15. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS
                                    romen cole Level 1

I'm ranting and demanding, because the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Personally, I'd rather spend my time getting stuff done instead of outside in the rain, shaking my fist angrily at the sky. Bottom line though, is that this isn't a free program, and I've spent way too much money to see that bloody beach ball nearly as often as I do.

If you can help me find this bottleneck you speak of, I'd be eternally grateful.

• 16. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS

"Not Responding" is not a crash, it just means the system is busy doing something on LR's behalf and LR cannot take keyboard input, but obviously something is wrong if that is happening.

I see this on my PC when my video driver isn't compatible, and when there is too much virtual-memory being used and LR is waiting for the OS to give it back some RAM to work with that is currently swapped out to disk.

Dodging and Burning is a CPU-intensive function so that may be a contributing factor but I don't think it'd be causing the Not Responding condition.

Is the disk being used, heavily?

If you don't do any dodging and burning are things fast?

--

Have you turned off Face Detection?

• 17. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS
                                        Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I use Macbook pro's and don't get the issues you are having there is something astray on your set up somehow. But unfortunately as you just want to rave and not get into details of what happen when and where in repeatable steps..... I guess we won't be able to help. But lets see.....

BTW my system is 2x MBP's - both i7/16GB, one 2011 and one 2014 with internal SSD's for system and apps, external Thunderbolt LaCie for catalogs including one Master of 800k files with previews (total of 604GB) - image files on various thunderbolt and USB drives....

No crashes........

So maybe you can start with saying what is where, why you have minimal previews (they will need to be rendered every image on your screens).. and any other relevant information.

Thanks

• 18. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS
                                          romen cole Level 1

From what I can tell, my SSD isn't being overly tasked at all. Furthermore, I have 3 external SSD's running separate from the main internal SSD. While I have all of the apps installed on the internal drive, I have the catalogs being run directly from the whichever SSD the images are being stored on. I actually did this to specifically to avoid over-tasking one drive, thus leaving as much of the system resources to the task at-hand.

And speaking directly to your question about Dodge & Burn, yes - if I don't do dodge & burn, then the system is relatively smooth. But that brings me to the crux of my primary gripe with this; is that I bought this machine to specifically handle the labor intensive nature of D&B, because my MBpro nor the 27" iMac i5 I had at the time could handle heavy editing, especially on files from the Medium Format.

Oh and yes, Face Detection is "paused" as I didn't see an option for turning it completely off.

So how do I mitigate the issue with Virtual Memory being tasked out to something else and starving Lr for what it needs??

• 19. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS
                                            romen cole Level 1

Hi Geoff. I'm glad you picked up on the fact that I am angry and was intent on ranting. You know, since I did preface my post with "before I begin my rant....".

I also don't know what relevance how many photos you have on your computer(s) could possibly have to this conversation, considering I am not ranting about storage issues or anything of the like, it's a performance issue that I only experience when doing intensive editing. Also, I have my image preview resolution cranked down to the lowest settings possible. 

I do appreciate your substantive input in the matter nonetheless. 

• 20. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS
                                              Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Catalog size has been a common complaint in slowing systems ... just saying a large catalog does not necessarily do that.

Tell me where you have Dodge and Burn in Lightroom??? Are they a new tool I have yet to discover??

Small previews will just mean every time you are not using Grid view new ones will need to be made... I recommend you use either Auto or a size up from your screen width ...

Does this happen with only one display in use??

I can tell you that ranting will do little as it masks your points that will help determine the cause...

You can understand the Adobe team run top spec computers and are not seeing this just as most users aren't. Now I'm not saying that there may not be an issue with the software but experience says there is a bigger chance of something astray in your system or methodology.

Oh and which version are you using??? Look under Help>System info>Lightroom version

• 21. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS

Dodging and Burning would be use of the Adjustment Brush with lightening or darkening settings set.

• 22. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS

Maybe you can do this on a Mac.  On Windows you can use Task Manager to set a process's CPU Priority (and CPU Affinity).  I remember reading somewhere that starting LR with a Low CPU Priority might help background processing get finished that are blocking the UI thread.   I am not sure if I believe this because setting the process priority should affect all the threads so I am not sure it'd help but you can try.  You can also experiment with High as a priority.

In the olden days, like back when LR was architected, the UI thread would get time to work because there was disk latency giving CPU-bound threads (like the adjustment brush computations) time to work.  Now, with SSDs this latency is gone and things can get in each other's way as well as the I/O bus can get overwhelmed.  You can also set LR's Affinity to a subset or even just one of your processors to see if that helps it.

• 23. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS
                                                    dj_paige Level 9

And speaking directly to your question about Dodge & Burn, yes - if I don't do dodge & burn, then the system is relatively smooth. But that brings me to the crux of my primary gripe with this; is that I bought this machine to specifically handle the labor intensive nature of D&B, because my MBpro nor the 27" iMac i5 I had at the time could handle heavy editing, especially on files from the Medium Format.

A lot of brushing (and spot healing) is a known problem in Lightroom, it does indeed cause slowness in the Develop Module, and as you have discovered, in the absence of brushing your system responds fairly well.

There are some things you can do that might speed up the performance of Lightroom in the Develop Module. In no particular order

• Turn the GPU acceleration off to speed up the brushing
                                                    • Do the brushing (and spot healing) in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements
                                                    • Do the brushing (and spot healing) as the next to last step in your editing, with Lens Corrections and Transforms* off; then as the last step perform the lens corrections and Transforms*
                                                    • Get a faster CPU

* — Transforms refers to the Transform panel in Lightroom 6.6/Lightroom CC 2015.6 and later

• 24. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS
                                                      jamessy1

Move to Alienskin Exposure. It has limitations and needs improvements but not that many and you can directly contact them, not thru some 'no care factor' infuriating chat method that never seems to help. I feel so much happier and just wanted to share my bliss after UNINSTALLING LR, PS and Bridge.

• 25. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS
                                                        romen cole Level 1

I'm not resurrecting this thread, but I just wanted to stop back in and thank everyone, especially ssprengel for their time and help. Even though I really haven't found much of a solution with this outside of just leveraging Ps to do what typically slows Lr down, it is at least comforting to know that there are others in our community on the consumer level that care enough to step in and lend a thought to help.

So for all of you who participated in this thread, I appreciate your time. Thank you!

• 26. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS
                                                          bc82227454

Lightroom is an utterly brilliant program. Lightroom CC however is broken. It's crap and should have never been foisted upon the public. Adobe doesn't care to fix it or doesn't know how. They've made that clear in the past TWO YEARS. The solution is to go back to LR5, which still performs very well. There is literally nothing I can do on an i7 laptop to slow down LR5. Hundreds of spot brushes, gradients, etc. all instantaneous. LRCC chokes on everything, the simplest of operations, regardless of settings. Adobe should issue refunds to all the people who were sold this defective product. Amateur hour at Adobe for one of their most important and beloved products. Adobe shouldn't need a single word more input from users. You are the authors and the experts, fix your product or stop selling it. Geoff completely misses the point. A huge number of users have been making the same complaint for TWO YEARS - the software is ridiculously slow, doing all the same things we've always done in previous versions, using all the same settings. Users here are not ranting enough.

• 27. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS
                                                            danieleciraolo

Purtroppo anche la versione cc2015.7  è inusabile ,

lentissima nel caricare le anteprime,

i cursori del modulo sviluppo dopo un po rallentano e si bloccano durante le regolazioni,

creato catalogo nuovo, aumentato dimensione cache,disattivati tutti i plug-in, disattivata gpu ,

in definitiva per ora sto usando capture one..adobe forse non è il caso di cambiare architettura del programma per renderlo piu veloce? io ho una workstation con :

Versione Lightroom: CC 2015.7

Licenza: Creative Cloud

Sistema operativo: Mac OS 10

Versione: 10.12 [1]

Architettura dell'applicazione: x64

Conteggio processore logico: 24

Velocità processore: 3,4 GHz

Memoria integrata: 98.304,0 MB

Memoria reale disponibile in Lightroom: 98.304,0 MB

Memoria fisica usata Lightroom: 2.346,1 MB (2,3%)

Memoria virtuale usata Lightroom: 4.007,5 MB

Dimensione cache memoria: 1.949,0 MB

Numero di thread massimo utilizzato da Camera Raw: 24

Ottimizzazione SIMD Camera Raw: SSE2

Monitor: 1) 2560x1600

Informazioni processore grafico:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X OpenGL Engine

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Version: 4.1 NVIDIA-10.13.68 367.15.10.15f03

Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X OpenGL Engine

LanguageVersion: 4.10

Plug-in installati:

1) Export to Photomatix Pro

2) Plug-in per acquisizione diretta Canon

Indicatori Config.lua: None

AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 512

AudioDeviceName: Uscita linea integrata

AudioDeviceNumberOfChannels: 2

AudioDeviceSampleRate: 44100

Build: Uninitialized

CoreImage: true

GL_ACCUM_ALPHA_BITS: 0

GL_ACCUM_BLUE_BITS: 0

GL_ACCUM_GREEN_BITS: 0

GL_ACCUM_RED_BITS: 0

GL_ALPHA_BITS: 8

GL_BLUE_BITS: 8

GL_DEPTH_BITS: 24

GL_GREEN_BITS: 8

GL_MAX_3D_TEXTURE_SIZE: 2048

GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE: 16384

GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS: 8

GL_MAX_VIEWPORT_DIMS: 16384,16384

GL_RED_BITS: 8

GL_RENDERER: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X OpenGL Engine

GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: 1.20

GL_STENCIL_BITS: 8

GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation

GL_VERSION: 2.1 NVIDIA-10.13.68 367.15.10.15f03

OGLEnabled: true

GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_blend GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_bindable_uniform GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_debug_label GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil GL_APPLE_client_storage GL_APPLE_element_array GL_APPLE_fence GL_APPLE_float_pixels GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range GL_APPLE_flush_render GL_APPLE_object_purgeable GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer GL_APPLE_rgb_422 GL_APPLE_row_bytes GL_APPLE_specular_vector GL_APPLE_texture_range GL_APPLE_transform_hint GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range GL_APPLE_vertex_point_size GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422 GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_conditional_render GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_fragment_program_option G

quindi direi che non è questione di avere un computer o una scheda video potente...è il programma che non funziona!

• 28. Re: Lightroom CC disgustingly slow - old issue, NEED ANSWERS
                                                              slecheminant

Not sure if your concern is answered or not... BUT here's my two cents.

The steps Adobe provides to help 'optimize' lightroom are good advice and steps that should be taken.

My BEST experience comes when:

1. Disable all syncing and face detection (file syncing is a HOG on lightroom)
                                                              2. Set all your lens specific settings 1st (Lens Corrections, Camera Calibration, etc) then SYNC settings to all required photos.
                                                              3. Disable all effects in the side panel that do not require color correction. i.e. Effects, Transform, Lens Corrections, Detail, Crop, Spot Removal, Filters and Adjustment Brush.
                                                              4. I always perform basic color correction FIRST, then add the rest back in one by one -- as needed.

With this process my Lightroom FLIES on my mid 2012 MBPR 2.7 i7 w/16 GB RAM and SSD.

LR has to render your preview on the fly and with intensive effects you can understand how much LR has to do on the fly.

Always Sync last.

This is often how my panel looks at step 1.

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 19.39.03.jpg

After i'm finished with this photo, I enable all settings, let my previews render then move on.

Hope this helps

Sean L

--EDIT--

PS: I always use 1:1 previews. Anything else kills the speed of my review process.