2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2016 1:11 PM by rivermountainphoto

Lightroom Slideshow unacceptable performance

rivermountainphoto

I am having very inconsistent behavior in the slide show function of Lightroom.  I have had Adobe tech support share my screen a half dozen times and I'm still not confident that I can schedule a show with any reliability.  The behavior consists of hesitation, skipping slides when it catches up, dissolving between images not smooth some times with superimposition of two images more than a dissolve between images etc.  When it does work it works perfectly, including smooth running of videos clips that are mixed in with the still images. 

I am on a MacBook Pro Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015, Processor 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

I am running OS X, Version 10.11.6, and the 2015 release of Lightroom CC, Camera RAW 9.0

I have spend hours with Adobe tech support including screen sharing,  We have reinstalled the software, and it will work perfectly some of the time.  I cannot afford to embarrass myself in front of an audience with the risk of poor performance which is likely to occur.  I have invested a lot of time creating the slideshow but may have to change to another platform.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Alex

• 1. Re: Lightroom Slideshow unacceptable performance
          DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

The latest version of Lightroom CC is 2015.6.1 the equivalent of ACR 9.6.1, maybe you need to update.

• 2. Re: Lightroom Slideshow unacceptable performance
            rivermountainphoto Level 1

I have updated to the latest 10.11.6 - no success regarding Lightroom slideshow performance.  Adobe advises that the graphic card driver needs updating.  It is very odd that while screen sharing with Adobe tech support the slide show performs perfectly.  While not screen sharing it bombs.  Adobe believes this is because the slideshow is utilizing Adobe's graphic card/driver while screen sharing.  Perhaps, I'm not a tech wizard - seems odd but possible.  Further, when I attempt to export the slideshow to a Video Slideshow, it only exports successfully when connected to a screen sharing session whether with Adobe or Apple.

I can't update the graphics card driver by itself says Apple as it is part of the latest version of the operating system.  Adobe suggests uninstalling it and reinstalling it.  Currently working with Apple to reinstall the entire operating system.  We will see if that makes any difference.

Any thoughts from the community or Apple would be appreciated.

Alex