1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 23, 2016 1:02 PM by Roei Tzoref

Whiteboard Video - Paper Effect

spiderman1962@hotmail.com

How do you create a paper background on a Whiteboard Video? Adobe Premiere or After Effects

I create Whiteboard Videos. You know where the hand comes up and starts drawing the idea. I draw under the camera instead of using software and all of our videos have a white background. I want our next video to have a Aged Paper Background. Is there a way to take out the white and leave the black lines?

• 1. Re: Whiteboard Video - Paper Effect
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

How do you create a paper background on a Whiteboard Video? Adobe Premiere or After Effects

usually neither. most of them are done through designated software that simplifies the process significantly. there are many just google it. but you could do this in after effects. the compositing, animation and revealing of the strokes is definitely not premiere. premiere is just for editing and color corrections.

I want our next video to have a Aged Paper Background. Is there a way to take out the white and leave the black lines?

The aged paper on white with black lines is the easy part. you can place your aged paper texture on top using a blend mode or use other ways to extract the matte from the white with black lines based on Luminance values (the "extract" effect in after effects). the problem is the hand - if the hand is recorded on the white background you need to cut it out on top of the edge paper and this means separating a hand from a noisy background. from what I have gathered it seems many of these whiteboard videos are made through designated software that are very easy to use. I would assume that many of these allow to change the background image. if it was on green background this would help but you still have the black ink that will not extract easy from the hand edges. if you can get the hand part out of the equation and add it in post (like most of these videos - that hand is a still frame so rapidly changing that it doesn't matter match how it was filmed) then it would be much easier.