2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2016 8:00 AM by KaseyHVAC

Dropdown item based on value of checkboxes

KaseyHVAC

Hello,

I am trying to find the correct script to display a choice/item in a drop down field based on if a specified checkbox is checked. Here are the details:

Dropdown field name is "DuctDropDown" and it's items include "Duct seal >/= 10%"  "Duct seal >/= 6%" and " " as a blank/default choice. There are two different checkboxes in question, one with the field name "10" and one with the field name "6." The conditions I'm looking for are:

• If the checkbox for "10" is selected, item "Duct seal >/= 10%" is displayed in the dropdown field
      • If the checkbox for "6" is selected, the item "Duct seal >/= 6%" is displayed in the dropdown field
      • If neither or both checkboxes are selected, the item " " is displayed in the dropdown field.

I can't figure out how this would appear in a script. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

-Kasey

• 1. Re: Dropdown item based on value of checkboxes
          gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I do not think a drop down box is needed. You should be able to use a text field.

• 2. Re: Dropdown item based on value of checkboxes
            KaseyHVAC Level 1

Unfortunately, it seems like the dropdown box is needed as there are more items in the dropdown that will not be displayed automatically based on a checkbox. There is a page in the PDF that only needs to be filled out in certain situations that also has a checkbox for two of the items in the dropdown box but not all of the items in the dropdown box. I was trying to see if there's a way to have one of those two items selected by default if their checkbox is chosen, yet still be able to choose one of the other items if not. Is there another way I should go about this? Just trying to shorten the amount of time it takes to fill out this PDF if possible Thank you for your help!