• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to sound like Genji from Overwatch?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way with Adobe Audition to make your voice sound like Genji's? It shouldn't be difficult, but I can't exactly pinpoint what to do.....

(I also asked the same question on Yahoo Answers and got an incredibly comedic response actually)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I had to Google Genji to see how he sounds, but..

I think that 90% of the voice is having an actor who actually sounds a lot like that.  Of the rest, some of it is using either the proximity effect (speaking very close to a directional microphone to artificially boost the bass) or EQ for the same reason (or a mix of the two.  Finally, there's a bit of reverb on the voice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That actually sounds like a good start. I'll look into it. Not all of the international voice actors for the respective character do sound like him though, so what matters is the set of filters used to create the effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's 95% actor, and 5% a combination of limiting and gating. No 'filters' as such, from the sound of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then pardon me of my lack of audio terminology and comprehension in audio related eloquence then. I will explore what you said as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SteveG(AudioMasters) wrote:

That's 95% actor, and 5% a combination of limiting and gating. No 'filters' as such, from the sound of it.

And rather a lot of recording room acoustic as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who needs a reference:

Overwatch: Genji's Voice Lines - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I just read it one year later ^^

I think maybe the --> Modulation --> Chorus/Flanger --> Select Chorus and then preset: Heavy Chorus. That gives kinda the robotic/cyborg voice you're looking for. It's really close. Although you can experiment with the effect or presets.

Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think your response was the most insightful to an ameteur like me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines