4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2016 3:47 AM by Peter Spier

BUG Report: Minor stuff

DBLjan Level 3

Hi there,

we just upgraded to CC 2015 11.4.9.90 from CS55, and there is some stuff im stumbling on, which bugs me if its a bug.

Also, where is the best place to post Bugs for squishing, or the discussion, if its a bug (or a feature)? InD Feature Request?

My findings so far:

1.) These Arrows not working at all, others are fine

Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-24 um 09.20.11.png

2.) Click-On-Symbol to Select/Focus problem:

As you see in a), my system-selection-color is orange, and if i click on the "tT" the fontsize gets selected, for quick changing. Nice Feature, always been.
      But the "Steuerbedienfeld" b) (the main InD-window-bar, which holds content based informations) selection behaves odd.

If I click the "tT"-Icon c) you see the fontsize gets highlighted…in grey. I guess its not focussed by InD. The main problem: If it looks like this, you cant edit yet, like youre used to from every palette-window. You keep pressing numbers and wonder why nothing happens.

But d) when click into the fontsize field, the selection gets focussed and is "orange", ready for edit.

Hm, whats up with that?

a) Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-24 um 09.22.59.png

b)Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-24 um 09.23.34.png

c) Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-24 um 09.23.38.png

d)Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-24 um 09.23.43.png

3.)

As I mentioned in another thread, some keyboard-shortcuts aren't usable anymore, if you come from CS55. I guess its not documented, but since you can still chooses these combinations, i guess its not really by design.

I wanted to use Alt+Cmd+Space for a number_space. Yes, its for zooming, but if you just press it, its totally fine…in CS55. CC will assign, but not execute the shortcut (…while Shift+Cmd+Space is no problem for CC).

Also i couldnt use Ctrl or Cmd+Tab anymore. I can choose, but it wont fire. Yes, its for application-tabbing, but ive changed that with Karabiner. Anyway: Its a charm in CS55, and dysfunctional in CC.

• 1. Re: BUG Report: Minor stuff
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Update to 11.4.1, released yesterday...

• 2. Re: BUG Report: Minor stuff
            DBLjan Level 3

Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-24 um 11.09.23.png

Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-24 um 11.09.55.png

So mighty Peter, i didnt get the push yet. I assume everything is fixed, since you only comment a harsh "Update your **** before you post". So, here it is, the changelog. Nothing in there regarding my stuff. Thank you Peter.

Key issues resolved      

1. [Windows only] InDesign crashes while working with documents on network and applying effects on objects.
            2. InDesign crashes on launch while working with libraries on network.
            3. InDesign crashes while dragging an object to a collapsed panel icon.
            4. InDesign performs protective shutdown while trying to "Save As" a file if it is deleted from the machine.
            5. The Default Display Performance preferences is not saved and reverts back to High Quality when changed to Typical.
            6. Colored bitmap TIFF images appear only in black.
            7. GPU rendering sometimes results in black frames.
            8. File > Browse in Bridge or Reveal in Bridge option does not launch Bridge CC 2015.
            9. [Windows only] Publish Online does not work behind Kerberos proxy settings.
            10. Margins and Columns dialog: Stepper widget does not work for Gutter option.
            11. Margins and Columns dialog: Inside/Outside or Right/Left labels disappear.
            12. Liquid Guide gets partially drawn on the pages.
            13. [Windows only] InDesign crashes while editing hyperlinks in a document saved on network.
            • 3. Re: BUG Report: Minor stuff
              Salah Fadlabi Level 5

Also, where is the best place to post Bugs for squishing, or the discussion, if its a bug (or a feature)? InD Feature Request?

This is where to report it: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: BUG Report: Minor stuff
                Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

That wasn't meant to be harsh, just brief.