10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2016 6:28 AM by Akash Sharma

Lightroom not updating

Nick W CB

I have been trying to update LR CC with the latest patch with no success. I have gone as far as uninstalling and re-installing it which too me back to the 2015 version, and I am now unable to install even that patches that I had before (using the links on this page All Adobe CC 2015 Updates: The Direct Download Links for Windows | ProDesignTools ). So I have gone backwards in my capabilities. I have tried running the patches in administrator mode. The error I am getting is:

Lightroom CC / 6 Update – June 2016

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M2P7

Please help!

• 1. Re: Lightroom not updating
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

HI NickWCB,

Please follow the article below.

Updates don't install | Update failure or U44M errors in Adobe Photoshop CS6

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

• 2. Re: Lightroom not updating
            Nick W CB Level 1

Windows 10 Pro all up to date.

I do have a subscription to the Photography plan.

• 3. Re: Lightroom not updating
              Nick W CB Level 1

Hi Akash,

Been there, done that.

• 4. Re: Lightroom not updating

Please sign out of Creative Cloud and then use Adobe Cleaner to remove Lightroom CC.

Follow Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

• Once done restart your computer.
                • Sign back to Creative cloud app and install Lightroom CC.

~Akash

• 5. Re: Lightroom not updating
                  Nick W CB Level 1

Oh good, now I don't have Photoshop either!

Photoshop installer error:

Exit Code: 184

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 184) executing in command 'MoveFileCommand' for package: 'AdobePreview1.2.0All-win64', version:1.2.0

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePreview1.2.0All-win64 Version: 1.2.0). Error code: '184'

WARN: Unable to move file at "C:\adobeTemp\ETRC682.tmp\1\Application\preview.generate\node-usbmux\gulpfile.js" to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\Generator\preview20155.generate\node-usbmux\gulpfile.js" Error 32 The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lightroom installer error:

Exit Code: 7

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DF024 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s)

----------- Payload: Adobe Lightroom 6.0.0.0 {8048A5DF-8A70-5BE1-954B-E0FDE1BD0D0D} -----------

ERROR: DF024: Unable to move file at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\adobeTemp\{8048A5DF-8A70-5BE1-954B-E0FDE1BD0D0D}\_230_2119bfc4dc03 874f1f235a879eeac6e1" to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\Helpers\DynamicLinkMediaServer\dynamiclinkmediaserver\1.0\libmmd.dll" Error 32 The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.(Seq 223)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 6. Re: Lightroom not updating

Could you please create an new admin account and install the products there?

This seems to be a corrupt installation and needs to be reproduced to check for permissions issue.

~Akash

• 7. Re: Lightroom not updating
                      Nick W CB Level 1

I just get different errors.

Photoshop:

Exit Code: 146
                      - 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 146) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop17-Core_x64', version:17.0.1.159
                      FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePhotoshop17-Core_x64 Version: 17.0.1.159). Error code: '146'
                      WARN: Failed to move directory 'C:\adobeTemp\ETRF97C.tmp\1\Application' to 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5'

Lightroom:

Exit Code: 7
                      Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DF024 ...

- 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s)

----------- Payload: Adobe Lightroom 6.0.0.0 {8048A5DF-8A70-5BE1-954B-E0FDE1BD0D0D} -----------

ERROR: DF024: Unable to move file at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\adobeTemp\{8048A5DF-8A70-5BE1-954B-E0FDE1BD0D0D}\_48_af8e9aade534f 403ccd4ce383ca453d3" to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\dvaplayer.dll" Error 32 The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.(Seq 49)

• 8. Re: Lightroom not updating

Please Follow the 2 articles :

Issue is related to permissions, so you may need to disable antivirus,Create the required folder manually and grant Full Read/write access.

Resolve Error Code 146 encountered while installing Creative Cloud desktop apps... https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/Error_Code_146.html

Error exit code 6, exit code 7 installing Adobe Creative Cloud

~Akash

• 9. Re: Lightroom not updating
                          Nick W CB Level 1

Disabling Avast fixed it. Thanks for your help.

• 10. Re: Lightroom not updating

Glad to know it helped.

~Akash