7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2017 11:10 AM by Jared Ivory

iOS icon is the default one after building

johns58640381

Hi,

I have some trouble with app icon on iOS. When i'm installing the app on the iphone (6s, iOS 9.3.4), the icon showing is the phonegap one with a black background. I tried with to build the app in a different phonegap version (5.x.x) and there was no icon at all.

The Android app work without problem.

Here is the revelant part in the config:

<icon src="icon.png"/>

<platform name="ios">
            <icon   src="www/res/icon/ios/icon-60.png"                      platform="ios" width="60"   height="60" />
            <icon   src="www/res/icon/ios/icon-60@2x.png"                   platform="ios" width="120"  height="120" />
            <icon   src="www/res/icon/ios/icon-60@3x.png"                   platform="ios" width="180"  height="180" />
            <icon   src="www/res/icon/ios/icon-76.png"                      platform="ios" width="76"   height="76" />
            <icon   src="www/res/icon/ios/icon-76@2x.png"                   platform="ios" width="152"  height="152" />

<icon   src="www/res/icon/ios/icon.png"                         platform="ios" width="57"   height="57" />
           <icon   src="www/res/icon/ios/icon@2x.png"                      platform="ios" width="114"  height="114" />

<icon   src="www/res/icon/ios/icon-40.png"                      platform="ios" width="40"   height="40" />
           <icon   src="www/res/icon/ios/icon-40@2x.png"                   platform="ios" width="80"   height="80" />

<icon   src="www/res/icon/ios/icon-50.png"                      platform="ios" width="50"   height="50" />
           <icon   src="www/res/icon/ios/icon-50@2x.png"                   platform="ios" width="100"  height="100" />

<icon   src="www/res/icon/ios/icon-72.png"                      platform="ios" width="72"   height="72" />
           <icon   src="www/res/icon/ios/icon-72@2x.png"                   platform="ios" width="144"  height="144" />

<icon   src="www/res/icon/ios/icon-small.png"                   platform="ios" width="29"   height="29" />
           <icon   src="www/res/icon/ios/icon-small@2x.png"                platform="ios" width="58"   height="58" />
           <icon   src="www/res/icon/ios/icon-small@3x.png"                platform="ios" width="87"   height="87" />
         </platform>

And a screenshot of my icon folder:

folder.jpg

• 1. Re: iOS icon is the default one after building
          VectorP Level 4

In which directory do both config.xml and index.html reside?

• 3. Re: iOS icon is the default one after building
            VectorP Level 4

Well, there's your answer.

The paths to icons are relative to config/index (which both should be in the root directory of your zip file - not in some /appfolder/www). In your case, you should remove "www/" from the paths.

BTW: since your wrap your icon elements in a 'platform' parent element, you don't need the platform attribute for each icon, anymore.

1 person found this helpful
            • 4. Re: iOS icon is the default one after building
              johns58640381 Level 1

Ha that was it. I kept everything to default. Thanks

• 5. Re: iOS icon is the default one after building
                weboxllc Level 1

johns58640381

What happens when you double tab the iphone home button and see all running apps? I see the default phonegap icon there. I see the correct icon in list of apps on iphone screen. Check the Bank of america and health app icon, but my app icon shows as default. Any clue?

IMG_4206 (1).PNG

Here is my list of icons and splashes.

<icon height="76" src="res/icon/ios/icon-76.png" width="76" />

<icon height="152" src="res/icon/ios/icon-76@2x.png" width="152" />

<icon height="72" src="res/icon/ios/icon-72.png" width="72" />

<icon height="144" src="res/icon/ios/icon-72@2x.png" width="144" />

<icon height="60" src="res/icon/ios/icon-60.png" width="60" />

<icon height="120" src="res/icon/ios/icon-60@2x.png" width="120" />

<icon height="180" src="res/icon/ios/icon-60@3x.png" width="180" />

<icon height="50" src="res/icon/ios/icon-50.png" width="50" />

<icon height="100" src="res/icon/ios/icon-50@2x.png" width="100" />

<icon height="40" src="res/icon/ios/icon-40.png" width="40" />

<icon height="80" src="res/icon/ios/icon-40@2x.png" width="80" />

<icon height="57" src="res/icon/ios/icon.png" width="57" />

<icon height="114" src="res/icon/ios/icon@2x.png" width="114" />

<icon height="29" src="res/icon/ios/icon-small.png" width="29" />

<icon height="58" src="res/icon/ios/icon-small@2x.png" width="58" />

• 6. Re: iOS icon is the default one after building
                  Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

Is the res folder within the www folder that you zip and upload to PhoneGap Build? Also the config.xml is also in the www along with the index.html file?

• 7. Re: iOS icon is the default one after building
                    Jared Ivory Level 1

I'm having this issue as well. Android works fine, but iOS continues to show the default PhoneGap icon.

I have been using the default icon tag described here Icons and Splash | PhoneGap Docs .

I've tried adding the icon tag within the platform tag as well, but no dice. The icon.png and assets folder are on the root with my config.xml and index.html. Is there something else I'm missing? The iOS splash images work just fine. Thanks!

<icon src="icon.png" />
                    <!-- iOS -->
                    <platform name="ios">
                      <icon src="assets/icon.png" width="180" height="180" />

<splash src="assets/splash_ios/Default~iphone.png" width="320" height="480" />
                      <splash src="assets/splash_ios/Default@2x~iphone.png" width="640" height="960" />
                      <splash src="assets/splash_ios/Default-Portrait~ipad.png" width="768" height="1024" />
                      <splash src="assets/splash_ios/Default-Portrait@2x~ipad.png" width="1536" height="2048" />
                      <splash src="assets/splash_ios/Default-Landscape~ipad.png" width="1024" height="768" />
                      <splash src="assets/splash_ios/Default-Landscape@2x~ipad.png" width="2048" height="1536" />
                      <splash src="assets/splash_ios/Default-568h@2x~iphone.png" width="640" height="1136" />
                      <splash src="assets/splash_ios/Default-1334h.png" width="750" height="1334" />
                      <splash src="assets/splash_ios/Default-2208h.png" width="1242" height="2208" />
                      <splash src="assets/splash_ios/Default-Landscape-1242h.png" width="2208" height="1242" />
                    </platform>