2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2016 10:15 AM by Pragya Kandari

InDesign 2015 CC will not update

ShannaC

I've read through some recent threads re: problems with the latest update to InDesign 2015 CC but none are quite the same as my issue.

I'm running OS X El Capitan, version 10.11.6 on an iMac. I was able to update Illustrator CC 2015.3 this morning without an issue, and all other CC apps I have installed are up to date, and seem to be functioning OK.

When I tried to run CC updates from the Adobe Application Manager this morning, I updated Illustrator without a problem, as I said. But InDesign would not complete its update. After a few minutes of progress it became stuck at 99%. I closed everything else and just waited, but it would not resolve or finish the update. I waited about 30 minutes.

I quit the Application Manager and restarted my machine, tried again, same result.

I hunted around on the boards for some solutions and tried those, including checking the preferences permissions (they are read/write), renaming the 1.0 folder, etc. None of that helped.

I uninstalled (running the Uninstaller in the InDesign application folder) and reinstalled from the Application Manager, choosing to save preferences. Again the installer stopped at 99% and remained there for more than 20 minutes.

I uninstalled again and reinstalled again, this time allowing preferences to be deleted. Again the installer has been stopped at 99% for 20 minutes and counting.

I am not getting error messages, just failure to complete the updates.

Thanks for any advice.

• 1. Re: InDesign 2015 CC will not update
          ShannaC Level 1

This last install did finally complete (allowing the preferences to be deleted) but it was on 99% for 20+ mins, then 10+ mins saying "finishing." And immediately after the confirmation it moves back into the update queue.

I think I will skip the update for now. My installation says it's complete so hopefully I can just work today. The application does open now and seems OK, but is not updated with the version shown below, from the application manager). Maybe more info will be forthcoming re: this CC update, but for now it seems to have caused this issue, since I was working in InDesign all day yesterday without problems.

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 11.22.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 11.22.43 AM.png

• 2. Re: InDesign 2015 CC will not update
            Pragya Kandari Adobe Employee

Hi Michael,

These type of install failures/hangs typically happens if there are issue with the network.

If you are using a wireless connection, we would recommend to use a wired one for updating.

Please give it a try again. If you still face the issue, we can have a connect session with you to help resolving it.

Regards

Pragya