3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2016 7:37 AM by whsprague

I feel sorry for all you dedicated volunteers

Sandee Cohen Adobe Community Professional

I feel really sorry for all you dedicated volunteers who try to help those with problems when the paid Adobe Customer Care staff does little or nothing to help.

My problem is I bought and paid for Adobe Premiere Elements and it can't run on my machine.

But Adobe is unable to refund my money in a timely and prompt manner.

And the Customer Care person just walked away from the chat.

Meanwhile you ACPs knock yourselfs out working hard for Adobe and for what?

I'm disgusted with my whole purchase. I'm just glad it was only $65.31 usd

• 1. Re: I feel sorry for all you dedicated volunteers
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I don't know how you'd like us to respond, Sandee.

We're here because the program works great for us and we want everyone to be able to enjoy it.

I've never heard of Adobe refusing the refund your purchase if it was made from Adobe within 30 days, nor have I heard of Customer Care "walking away" from a chat.

• 2. Re: I feel sorry for all you dedicated volunteers
            Sandee Cohen Adobe Community Professional

No response is necessary. I just want to express my frustration.

• 3. Re: I feel sorry for all you dedicated volunteers
              whsprague Level 4

Sandee Cohen wrote:

I feel really sorry for all you dedicated volunteers who try to help those with problems when the paid Adobe Customer Care staff does little or nothing to help.

My problem is I bought and paid for Adobe Premiere Elements and it can't run on my machine.

But Adobe is unable to refund my money in a timely and prompt manner.

And the Customer Care person just walked away from the chat.

Meanwhile you ACPs knock yourselfs out working hard for Adobe and for what?

I'm disgusted with my whole purchase. I'm just glad it was only $65.31 usd

I'm not an ACP.  I don't work for Adobe.  I don't knock myself out.  I simply enjoy the occasional times I can help someone.  I expect nothing in return other than help when I might need it.

I also follow and participate in a couple other video forums.   Premier Elements is highly regarded, dependable and used around the world in lots of native languages.

Your suggestion that it won't run on your machine without further details in unfair and inappropriate.  Why?  Because you don't say what it won't do, what your machine is or what you are trying to edit.  Your avatar suggests you are an "ACP".  Of what?

FWIW, Premier Elements is a very good Non Linear Editor.  It is one of few that work on both Apples and PCs.  It has an abundance of tools that make it valuable beyond it's price.  It will do an excellent job at it's advertised purpose of making videos out of clips shot with cameras.  Adobe does not claim it to be a universal product for odd capture devices.

What really bothers me is that people beginning their interest in video editing start with Google and find posts like yours that try to suggest there are unmanaged flaws or that you are a somehow a victim.   If they, because of your post, go to a NLE that is less suited to the task you have done damage to them, not Adobe. 

One last question, what NLE did you find that does what you want on the computer you have?

Bill