5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2016 7:54 AM by whsprague

Very slow update during review

henrikr85797871

I am making a project in Premiere Elements 14 with several video clips and adding speak as a separate audio track.
      Unfortunately it is impossible for me to see a smooth video in the review window during the recording. It is only showing some still pictures now and then, which makes it impossible for me to find out where I am in the video.
      Does anyone have a suggestion for a solution?

-My hardware has specs far above recommendations...

• 1. Re: Very slow update during review
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Assuming you've got at least a quad core i5 and that you're working with video from a camcorder and not some other source--

Render your timeline (by pressing Enter/Return on your keyboard). Any orange lines along the top of your timeline will turn green and your playback should smooth out.

• 2. Re: Very slow update during review
            henrikr85797871 Level 1

Thank you for the answer.
            I've got quad core i7 and I am working with MP4 and AVCHD videos from a Sony camcorder, transferred to a server.

Actually I might have an issue in this surver-thing as it seems better when moving all files to my computer.

Rendering makes a slightly difference, and the orange line turns green. But still it is not smooth, unfortunately.

• 3. Re: Very slow update during review
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I'm sure the network is the bottleneck. Are you not able to have the project file and all media on your hard drive? I'm sure, with an i7, it would make all the difference.

• 4. Re: Very slow update during review
                henrikr85797871 Level 1

It seems like the server is my biggest bottleneck, as you describe.

But this sounds to me like I have to look for another software, as we are going to be several users in the company, and we will all need access to the files.

Thans again for your answer.

• 5. Re: Very slow update during review
                  whsprague Level 4

henrikr85797871 wrote:

But this sounds to me like I have to look for another software, as we are going to be several users in the company, and we will all need access to the files.

Premier Elements is marketed as a single user NLE for consumers that shoot video with consumer cameras.  It is not a multi user system.  I doubt you'll find any of the other common consumer (under $100) programs usable for multi user over a network either.   Do to file sizes of AVCHD clips, you may not find any commercial grade, studio targeted software either. 

That said, multi user licences for Premiere Pro CC are common in big organizations around the world.  In fact, based on reading, I think it is the market leader for multi-user systems.