6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2016 5:21 PM by m_vargas

Flash Installation

alexandret6

Hello

I made a reinstallation of all my browsers and now it's impossible to use flash player.

I downloaded and installed the last version but when it set ups and asks how you want the updates to be done whatever i check the installation stops.

I have the flash options  in the control panel but whenever i try to read a flash it does not work (writes you need a plugin or asks to save the swf file)

I also get an error message saying "Error loading media: file not found"

On page www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ it says that v22,0,0,209 is installed

I'm on windows XP and tried on many browsers like firefox (v48) or kameleon.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling many times but it doesnt work

Thank you for your help

• 1. Re: Flash Installation
          ridhijain Adobe Employee

Hi,

Are you using XP SP3 or below?

Please provide the FlashInstall.log file. The FlashInstall.log file is saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash. Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and provide a link for the same over here.

Thanks!

• 2. Re: Flash Installation
            alexandret6 Level 1

Thank you,for your answer i'm using SP2 (it was working fine before)

Here is the log, but theyre arent any message

2016-8-25+7-43-53.359 [error] 1226 1062

=O====== M/22.0.0.209 2016-08-25+07-43-41.484 ========

0000 [I] 00000010 "C:\Documents and Settings\Name.PC\Bureau\install_flash_player_ax.exe"

0001 [I] 00000020 C:\WINDOWS\system32\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl

0002 [I] 00000013

0003 [I] 00000015 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_22_0_0_209_ActiveX.exe

0004 [I] 00000016 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_22_0_0_209_ActiveX.dll

0005 [I] 00000023 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\activex.vch

0006 [I] 00000019 C:\WINDOWS\system32\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl

0007 [W] 00001024 C:\WINDOWS\system32\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl 183

0008 [W] 00001024 C:\WINDOWS\system32\FlashPlayerApp.exe 183

0009 [I] 00000021 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe

0010 [W] 00001024 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe 183

=X====== M/22.0.0.209 2016-08-25+07-43-53.390 ========

• 3. Re: Flash Installation
              ridhijain Adobe Employee

Hi,

Since you are using SP2 which is a very old operating system we recommend you upgrade to Windows XP SP3. You would be using the online installers (downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer) and that is signed with SHA256 signing certificate which is not supported by SP2.

Recommend you to run the uninstaller and then use the offline installers available in Still having problems section on Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page. This should resolve your problem. If you still see issues let us know about the same.

Thanks!

• 4. Re: Flash Installation
                m_vargas Adobe Employee

alexandret6

You're original post is quite confusing.  You state that when you try to install Flash Player installation stops after selecting the update option, but then you state "On page www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ it says that v22,0,0,209 is installed"  What browser are you using when you go to the www.adobe.com/software/flash/about page?

A better page to check the version is https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html.  Clicking the Check Now button returns the OS, Browser, and Flash Player version (if installed).  This is more useful information to us than just the version number provided in the about page.

--

Maria

• 5. Re: Flash Installation
                  alexandret6 Level 1

Thank you for your answers, i know SP2 is quite old but all my configuration was working perfectly untill now so i'm kind of annoyed if i can't use flash anymore on my system, and it seems like i can't really uninstall the adobe files that are on my computer right now.

I say my installation stops cause i see the bar moving and then the installation windows brutally stops and i can't access any flash, as for the link you gave me asks me for a plugin to view the page, but for sure some files are installed as the first link says that.

Please tell me how i can manually remove all the files from the latest version on my computer and give me a link to directly download the full installation package for the previous version

• 6. Re: Flash Installation
                    m_vargas Adobe Employee

instructions for uninstalling Flash Player are posted at Uninstall Flash Player for Windows

Previous versions are posted at Archived Adobe Flash Player versions