2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2016 7:56 AM by Steve Grisetti

Eye Dropper for White Balance in Premiere Elements 14

EdwardJohnAllen Level 1

I can see the Temperature & Tint controls in PE14, but is there an eyedropper anywhere (as per Lr etc.) that allows me to set a WB based on say a white or gray card? This would be a big help...

Thanks

• 1. Re: Eye Dropper for White Balance in Premiere Elements 14
          whsprague Level 4

I've not seen a LR style eyedropper.   I think you'll have to do without it. 

You didn't ask, but I don't think it would work well.  Video files, compared to photo files, are huge.  But, because it is video it does not have the depth and breadth of data in each frame.   The adjustment ranges we get in video are vastly slimmer than we see in Lightroom.  That means it is more important to get white balance right in the camera when shooting video. 

Bill

• 2. Re: Eye Dropper for White Balance in Premiere Elements 14
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The best tool would likely be one of the Adjustments tools, accessed by selecting the clip on your timeline and clicking on the Adjustments button on the right side of the program.

The Adjustments panel offers a number of color adjustment tools, including an Auto Color button. Adjustments can also be intuitively made by clicking on the Quick Fix Preview grid under each adjustment.