2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2016 11:57 PM by allan_r

Edit photo in pointing to old elements app not Photoshop cc

allan_r

I'm running Lightroom CC on an iMac.  Normally I do all the editing I need within Lightroom, but occasionally I pass the image to Photoshop CC for any special editing.

Up to now this has worked fine. 

On my Mac I do have a couple of old versions of Photoshop Elements and I have noticed tonight, that the edit in option is now pointing at Elements and not Photoshop CC!

Does anyone know how to switch this back to Photoshop CC?

• 1. Re: Edit photo in pointing to old elements app not Photoshop cc
          DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

In Lightroom you need to setup the "external editing" options. So you do this by going to Lightroom > Preferences > External editing tab   and there will be a dialog box where you choose the options you wish. The first part is for the primary editor and this is automatically selected and is the most advanced of the Photoshop applications e.g PS CC. PS CS6, PS CS5, Photoshop Elements 14, Photoshop Elements 13 etc.

Then there is the option to select several additional secondary editing applications.

Just select the options you wish and choose the path to the application.

See the screen capture.

Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 17.22.42.png

• 2. Re: Edit photo in pointing to old elements app not Photoshop cc
            allan_r Level 1

Thanks for your response DdeGannes.

I had already taken a look at the preferences and tried to add photoshop cc as an additional external editor.  Unfortunately it doesn't appear as an option to select.  Although I can run it fine via creative cloud.

The primary 'edit in' preference has somehow switch from photoshop cc to photoshop elements.  Even though the versions of elements I have are both a number of year old and Photoshop cc is up to date.

Ideally I would like to switch primary external editor back to photoshop cc, but if there is a way of adding photoshop cc as an additional editor, that would be a good work around.