Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error itms-90122 - invalid executable size

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey!

I just have some problems uploading my app to the appstore.

The problem is the 60MB filesizelimit for armv7! (See Screenshot)

There are almost no embedded images or something like that.

the application-file is only 0,5MB to big, but I'm sure it will increase soon due to next updates

Are there any possibilities to reduce the application size? Or maybe to change some settings for excluding the armv7 and only build for 64bit?

Our App is online since a couple of years and now we got "too big"?  I see no possibility to "reduce" the code.

I build with AIR 22 and compiler options "-optimize=true -strict=true"

bildschirmfoto2016-08x2jgn.png

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done a lot of bigger apps without hitting an executable size issue, so I'm not sure how you've managed that! One thing worth trying is to require iOS 6 or later, I think that then had an 80 MB limit. You would change infoadditions like this:

<InfoAdditions><![CDATA[<key>MinimumOSVersion</key><string>6.0</string><key>UIDeviceFamily</key><array><string>1</string><string>2</string></array>]]></InfoAdditions>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin Holgate schrieb:

I have done a lot of bigger apps without hitting an executable size issue, so I'm not sure how you've managed that! One thing worth trying is to require iOS 6 or later, I think that then had an 80 MB limit. You would change infoadditions like this:

<InfoAdditions><![CDATA[<key>MinimumOSVersion</key><string>6.0</string><key>UIDeviceFamily </key><array><string>1</string><string>2</string></array>]]></InfoAdditions>

The swf filesize is only 6MB! I have no idea why the iOS-compiled application is that big!

here is the iOS part of the app.xml - so I already require iOS 8 or higher!

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>   <array>    <string>2</string>   </array>   <key>UIFileSharingEnabled</key>   <true/>   <key>MinimumOSVersion</key>         <string>8.0</string>         high     <key>get-task-allow</key>    <false/>    <key>beta-reports-active</key>    <true/>  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AIR can support iOS 4.3, are you sure that if you don't state what iOS version you require, that it uses iOS 8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no need for us to support older iOS version than iOS7 or iOS8.

Probably it makes no sense, which value I use for "MinimumOSVersion". The iOS-compiled Code is bigger than 60MB.

The swf file only have round about 6 megs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm getting something similar: App Store file sizes for Build xxx exceed the 100 MB app file limit.

I'm building with intelliJ and air sdks 22.

seems like we have three "sizes" to worry about: ipa size, swf size, and executable size -- do we know which of these apple is talking about when it says "App Store file sizes"?

we know that the .ipa file size max is 4gb so that can't be the issue

my app has these sizes: ipa: appx 150mb, swf: 51mb, executable: 22mb, this is an AS3 only app, no embedding of assets

so I'm ok with ipa size and my swf and exe sizes are well under 100 mb... don't know what to think

adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines