1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 26, 2016 1:32 AM by Mylenium

Issue With After Effects & Premier Pro CC & Dual Monitoring / Graphics card issue

bryanb24575341

Hi Adobe & all

I'm currently running the following:

MSI GE62 6QF Apache Pro I7

Windows 10 Professional

32 GB Ram

Nividia GTX970M

When I open After Effects & Premier on my laptop, it runs fine.

If I open either program from my dual monitor window, it crashes.

How After Effects is affected: My composition window is white or sometimes even displays the menu funny in a white block in the composition window.

How Premier is affected: My video preview pannel is blank and cant play footage.

Also, sometimes the program just freezes and I cant close it, the only way is to you the task manager.

Also, then sometimes I can't reopen the program I have to go into the task manager and stop background processes.

I have tried to roll back to earlier versions.

And they all give me the same issues.

I have also updated my nividia driver but that didn't help either.

I even tried to re-update my programs so currently they are the latest versions 2015.4.

Can anyone assist?

I think it is a windows 10 issue, because also on my dual monitor some of my Adobe programs scalling resolutions is off, and I have to manually go to properties and compatibility, and turn on 'disable display scaling on high DPI settings, but if i do this with AE, it crashes the program.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Issue With After Effects & Premier Pro CC & Dual Monitoring / Graphics card issue
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You answered your own question:

because also on my dual monitor some of my Adobe programs scalling resolutions is off, and I have to manually go to properties and compatibility, and turn on 'disable display scaling on high DPI settings, but if i do this with AE, it crashes the program.

Apparently your monitors exhaust your graphics resources because they use different resolutions, sync frequency, connection type and so on, requiring all buffers to be duplicated and messing with any form of hardware acceleration. This is nothing you can resolve by flipping switches in programs. You need to straighten out your screens, i.e. buy two matching ones. Of course that's assuming a lot, because you haven't actualyl provided any of this critical information...

Mylenium