1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 26, 2016 4:38 PM by John Waller

I have received an error message (Error code 4) stating that an InDesign file cannot be open because it is damaged. There was no auto recovery of the file when I quit and then re-opened InDesign. I had no idea there was an error until trying to open the f

meganjudge84

I have received the error message shown below (Error code 4) stating that an InDesign file cannot be open because it is damaged. There was no auto recovery of the file when I quit and then re-opened InDesign. I had no idea there was an error until trying to open the file again, nothing popped up when I closed the file originally. Does anyone know how to recover this file?? I've tried the troubleshooting page and nothing has worked for me and I'd hate to have to start from scratch!, I have received an error message (Error code 4) stating that an InDesign file cannot be open because it is damaged. There was no auto recovery of the file when I quit and then re-opened InDesign. I had no idea there was an error until trying to open the file again, nothing popped up when I closed the file originally. Does anyone know how to recover this file?? I've tried the troubleshooting page and nothing has worked for me and I'd hate to have to start from scratch!Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 12.49.12 PM.png