6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2006 5:03 PM by Pauline2005

Align panel problems

Pauline2005
      Hi

I'm trying to use the align panel extension, which appears to be correctly installed, but the panel is empty, there are no options there at all. I downloaded the extension myself, as I read the earlier thread on a similar problem. I'm new to Fireworks (this is version 8), and am baffled as to what to do next. Computer is a Mac running OS 10.4.6 with 1.5Gb RAM. I'm done the usual stuff of trashing the prefs and repairing permissions.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Pauline
        • 1. Re: Align panel problems
          Level 7
          I believe the align panel is part of FW8 and FWMX04, so if you installed
          another version, you may have overwritten the original.

Jim Babbage

Pauline2005 wrote:
          > Hi
          >
          > I'm trying to use the align panel extension, which appears to be correctly
          > installed, but the panel is empty, there are no options there at all. I
          > downloaded the extension myself, as I read the earlier thread on a similar
          > problem. I'm new to Fireworks (this is version 8), and am baffled as to what to
          > do next. Computer is a Mac running OS 10.4.6 with 1.5Gb RAM. I'm done the usual
          > stuff of trashing the prefs and repairing permissions.
          >
          > Thanks in advance for any help!
          >
          > Pauline
          >
          • 2. Re: Align panel problems
            Pauline2006
            Hi Jim

Thanks for responding. I haven't installed a previous version of Fireworks to overwrite. I've reinstalled Fireworks 8, but the panel is still empty. The extension manager says it's installed. I'll call Macromedia Support in UK later today. I was working through one of PVII's tutorials (on drop shadows) when I discovered it.

Cheers,
            Pauline
            • 3. Re: Align panel problems
              Level 7
              The thing that is confusing about your post is that you say you
              downloaded the align panel extension. The align panel comes with
              Fireworks. If you downloaded an extension that is *another* align panel
              besides the one that comes with FW8 and it is not working then there
              might be something wrong with that extension but the original panel
              should work.
              alex

Pauline2006 wrote:
              > Hi Jim
              >
              > Thanks for responding. I haven't installed a previous version of Fireworks to
              > overwrite. I've reinstalled Fireworks 8, but the panel is still empty. The
              > extension manager says it's installed. I'll call Macromedia Support in UK later
              > today. I was working through one of PVII's tutorials (on drop shadows) when I
              > discovered it.
              >
              > Cheers,
              > Pauline
              >
              • 4. Re: Align panel problems
                Pauline2005 Level 1
                Sorry for the confusion. After I saw the panel was empty and reading about a problem with the panel in another thread, I downloaded Kleanthis Economou's extension myself and installed it, which didn't change anything. Since then I've reinstalled FW (trashing prefs, all the usual stuff first), and the panel is still empty. I haven't had time to call Macromedia Support in UK today - pesky client deadlines :-).

I'm still baffled.

Pauline
                • 5. Re: Align panel problems
                  Level 1
                  Yikes! That is the first time I have heard of that happening.

Can you right-click on the panel? Any options popup?

Can you close the panel and re-open? Issue still persist?

Do any other Flash panels work for you?

For instance, Commands > Creative > Fade Image ?
                  • 6. Re: Align panel problems
                    Pauline2005 Level 1
                    Right clicking on the panel brings up the options for managing the panel itself. All the choices on the Commands > Creative panel freeze Fireworks; the dialog box for each choice are empty, and open at a very small size, about 1" square at 1024 x 768.

I'm new to Fireworks so it's difficult to think what I might be doing wrong.

Pauline