6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2016 3:44 PM by Gutter-Fish

Trying to combine multiple layers together!

miker82372420

I'm having trouble figuring out how to combine my layers together to render the layers together rather than one at a time. Is this possible? The template that I was given separated the layers by itself and the tutorial didn't show me how to finalize my project.

• 1. Re: Trying to combine multiple layers together!
          Mohammad.Harb MVP & Adobe Community Professional

to render:

go to composition -> add to render Queue

from there you can change the settings for the output file .

• 2. Re: Trying to combine multiple layers together!
            miker82372420 Level 1

I Understand how to render the files, what I'm asking is how to combine all of the panels together to render it into one file. For example, I want to combine the "Intro" Panel with the "Ending" panel.

• 3. Re: Trying to combine multiple layers together!
              Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

You probably mean you created a few compositions (that appear also as panels in the timeline panel) and want to edit them together to one big sequence. If this is the case, you can select the compositions in your project window and drag them to the "create new composition" icon at the bottom of the project window.

1 person found this helpful
              • 5. Re: Trying to combine multiple layers together!
                Warren Heaton Adobe Community Professional

Hi Mike:

Perhaps what you meant to ask was "How can I combine multiple Compositions together so that I don't have to render them one at a time?".

In addition to what's already been suggested, you might find it helpful to know there are ways to quickly queue up multiple Compositions.

***Adding Multiple Comps to the Render Queue

Select multiple Comps in the Project tab and drag and drop them to the Render Queue tab.  All of the selected Comps will be queued up.

***Change the Render Settings for Multiple Queued Comps

While in the Render Queue, try selecting all of the Comps in that tab before you set a Render Settings Template.  This will set the  template that you choose for all selected Comps.  This is particularly helpful if you're using custom render settings and have created a custom Render Settings template.

***Change the Output Module for Multiple Queued Comps

Select the "Output Module" directly for each Comp (click on the words "Output Module" for queued item #1 and then shift click "Output Module" for the last queue item, you'll notice all of the Output Modules become highlighted) before you set an Output Module.  This will set the template that you choose for all selected Comps.  This is particularly helpful if you're using custom output module settings and have created a custom Output Module template.

***Set the Output To Destination for Multiple Queued Comps

While "Output Module" is still selected for all of your Comps, click "Output To" and choose your destination (that is, your "Save" location).   This will set the same location that you choose for all selected Comps.

Then, save your project to update the project file and then click Render.

-Warren

• 6. Re: Trying to combine multiple layers together!
                  Gutter-Fish Level 4

Usually, your projects should have only one main composition, any other compositions should effectively be "pre-compositions", meaning they should be part of the main.

In other words:

You should have a main composition with all your other compositions in it.  You render the main composition.

Here's how I usually work:   I create a main composition and start adding my footage to it.  For example I would create my "intro" in the main composition & when it was finished I would select all of its layers and pre-compose (right click and choose pre-compose) them into a layer called "intro".  Then I would go to work on the second part, then third, etc..  Always actuually working in the main composition.

If you haven't done that then what you need to do is create a main comp and add all the other comps to it by dragging them from the project panel to the main comp.  Or do what Roie suggested above.  Either way you need to have all comps in one main comp.