1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 27, 2016 6:34 PM by wobertc

I have Creative Cloud Photography I,m using Lightroom 4.5 for several months system crashed now have no photos in Collection Folder or anything .I need some help, what do I do now?p

robertc28487274

I have Creative Cloud Photography,I am using Lightroom 4.5 most of the time.When editing photos two days ago Lightroom 4.5 crashed leaving me with no photos in Collection, Folders or anything.It keeps telling me yhat I have no photos.What can I do to get my thousands of photos back and start using Lightroom CC 2015 ?

• 1. Re: I have Creative Cloud Photography I,m using Lightroom 4.5 for several months system crashed now have no photos in Collection Folder or anything .I need some help, what do I do now?p
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

To operate correctly, Lightroom needs three things-

1. the Program- Lightroom (you have v4.5  and -CC both installed?)

2. A Catalog file (.LRCAT)

3. Your original image files. (If these are missing you must restore from backups)

I suggest you open the Lightroom-CC program from the Creative Cloud App, (The OPEN button will appear after INSTALL)

If LR-CC opens with no photos, go Menu>File>Open Catalog  (or press Ctrl+O)

Search for your LR-4.5 Catalog file  (the ...LRCAT ) to open.

LR-CC will make a copy of this catalog file and convert the copy to work in LR-CC. (LR may add "-2" to the end of the name)

If it opens with your images all is good- you are using LR-CC with an upgraded catalog.

Problems that may still occur-

Your LR4.5 catalog is 'locked' because of a 'crash'. You will need to delete any files with the .LOCK suffix extension, and try again to open the catalog.

Your LR4.5 catalog is corrupt. You will need to find and restore an earlier backup copy of the catalog.