1 person found this helpful
You'll need to use a combination of InDesign and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to achieve this.
See below notes.
Designing in InDesign
- Select the box to be converted to a check box.
- Show Buttons and Forms panel (Window > Interactive > Buttons and Forms).
- Select Checkbox from the Type menu.
- Enter Name for the check box (needs to be unique name for each check box).
- Under PDF Options (you might need to click the disclosure triangle to see these), enter the Button Value. Only use numbers don't add things like $-signs.
- Repeat this for each check box.
- For the total value you need to create a Text Field.
- File > Export, and select Adobe PDF (Interactive) from Save as Type/Format menu.
- in the Export to Interactive PDF dialog box ensure you have Forms and Media set to Include All.
- Open this PDF in Acrobat.
Adding calculation in Acrobat
- Enter 'Form' in the search field.
- Click Prepare Form.
- You are now in form-editing mode. Right-click the Total field, and select Properties.
- Click the Format tab in the Text Field Properties dialog box.
- Select Number from Select Format Category menu.
- Set the preferred Number Options.
- Click the Calculate tab in the Properties dialog box.
- Select Value is the option and select sum ( + ).
- Click Pick.
- Select each of the fields you want to include in the calculation.
- Click OK, and click Close to return to the form.
- Click Preview to test the form calculation in the interactive PDF.
- Select several options, and see if the total is added up.
- Click Edit to return to Form editing mode.
- Select Clear Form from More menu
- Click close box to return to the PDF document window.
- Save and share your form
This looks exactly like what I'm trying to do. Thank you Cari! I'll give this a try and let you know if I have any questions.