5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2016 4:02 PM by AdbeOper

How to stop LR Mobile uploads

AdbeOper

I've found lots of faqs about how to get going with the LR mobile app. And I found a way in the LR preferences to delete all uploaded images to LR mobile.

What I'm still trying to find is how to prevent LR from uploading my images to the LR Mobile Cloud storage in the first place.

Many suggestions have been made that don't work. From this post, it seems you can check out any time you like but YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1465441

• 1. Re: How to stop LR Mobile uploads
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

In order for images to be shared via Lightroom Mobile, it is necessary for you to first put the images you want to share into a collection and then click the icon in order to share that collection. The collection or any images within that collection can be removed at any time. To remove an individual image, just remove it from the collection. To remove the collection from Lightroom mobile just click the little icon next to the collection and it will be removed. Here is a brief video that will give you a basic introduction to Lightroom Mobile. If you search through YouTube you will find numerous videos that will help you understand different aspects of Lightroom and Lightroom Mobile.

Lightroom Mobile and Web: Getting Started - YouTube

I don't know what you mean about never being able to leave Lightroom Mobile. You can click on the identity plate in the upper left-hand corner of the Lightroom interface, and you can pause Lightroom Mobile. The mobile app is always available to you, but if you have paused it in Lightroom desktop then you will not be using Lightroom Mobile until you decide you want to.

• 2. Re: How to stop LR Mobile uploads
            AdbeOper Level 1

Jim, Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I need to be more clear in my question.

I have no interest in learning how to work with LR Mobile nor do I have the patience to search for and delete files from the collections they've uploaded automatically.

The proposed solution has already been discussed in the earlier LR question I linked to. Not signing in is not a fix. Because, eventually I will need to sign in to Adobe, CC updates, forum questions, etc. As soon as I do, off go my photos to the Adobe server farms.

I just want this feature to be turned off permanently without prompting on my part each time I use LR.

• 3. Re: How to stop LR Mobile uploads
              john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

AdbeOper wrote:

The proposed solution has already been discussed in the earlier LR question I linked to. Not signing in is not a fix. Because, eventually I will need to sign in to Adobe, CC updates, forum questions, etc. As soon as I do, off go my photos to the Adobe server farms.

No, even when signed in, your photos do not go to Adobe unless you deliberately tell Lightroom to send them. You do so by marking a collection to sync. If you don't do that, no photos are uploaded anywhere.

• 4. Re: How to stop LR Mobile uploads
                JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

As John has already indicated, you must make a conscious effort to create a shared collection before ANY images are shared using Lightroom Mobile. If you don't create the collection and share it then everything stays on your computer with no copies of images being sent to the web. You are in complete control of what is or is not shared on Lightroom Mobile.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: How to stop LR Mobile uploads
                  AdbeOper Level 1

Thanks Jim and John for your replies.