• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Suite Premium Download for Mac after PC died...

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have Creative Suites Premium.  I have the full program from Adobe on CD for installation for Windows. My PC died and now I have a MAC and want to run the program there.  However, the CDs are for Windows.  Is there a way to get the MAC version for download and use my current serial number to use it? Please help as I have a lot of photo editing I need to complete and without this program I am dead in the water.

Thanks, Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

WIndows licenses/serial numbers are only for Windows machines.  You cannot use a Windows license for a Mac version of the software.

You didn't identify the version so if it happens to be anything older than CS6 then you are out of luck.  The only option you would have would be to install a Windows emulator on the Mac and try using the software thru that.

If it happens to be CS6 then you could still have the option of requesting a platform swap.    You can swap languages/platforms for a latest vers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can download a Mac version but the serial number is for a PC and will never work for the Mac version. Only CS6 qualifies for a direct platform swap to Mac, and if you have CS5 you can use it for a cross-platform upgrade to CS6.

CS6 is no longer being upgraded and Camera Raw has stopped at 9.1.1 

If you just need Photoshop, you can get the latest with the Lightroom and Photoshop | Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan

$10 a month and upgrades as long as you subscribe. Mac and PC whenever you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>have CS5 you can use it for a cross-platform upgrade to CS6

Are you sure?

-this says no more upgrade version https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2140965, you must pay full price for CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I knew they moved it to phones sales, I did not know they cut the upgrade option.

What I'm also hearing is they will refuse to sell it past a certain OS version. 10.7 for Macs.

At that rate I wonder if platform swaps are still being offered.

Just me, but the Photography Plan is less of a hassle and he can get to work today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WIndows licenses/serial numbers are only for Windows machines.  You cannot use a Windows license for a Mac version of the software.

You didn't identify the version so if it happens to be anything older than CS6 then you are out of luck.  The only option you would have would be to install a Windows emulator on the Mac and try using the software thru that.

If it happens to be CS6 then you could still have the option of requesting a platform swap.    You can swap languages/platforms for a latest version product if you follow the instructions at the following link:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/order-product-platform-language-swap.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines