• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error opening topic

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2006 Apr 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have imported a few barebones htm files into a brand new rh project. Following the import, when selecting a topic, i get the following dialog -- "The file xxx.htm is associated with a 3rd party editor and may be open in the editor. If so, close the file in the other application before continuing." When I click OK, the htm file opens in a notepad window.

Any ideas how to get these files properly into RH?

Thanks.
Pam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click and select Edit With and the RH WYSIWYG. I think you will get some warnings so just click those out of the way. I also think that next time it will automatically open as you want. If not, post back and I'll look into.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

peter,

thanks. that did the trick to open the topic once, but it would have to be opened that way each time. setting did not save. I did go into rh options and set it to use the Default Editor instead of Auto-select Editor. That did the trick just fine.

The thing i dont understand is why did this happen. When you import a file shouldnt it be converted to rh format?

pam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back to tools and change the setting to Auto Select, then click the Auto Select button. Set that to RH WYSIWYG and see what happens.

Also, click here.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, i added the meta name to each file and that seemed to do the trick.

<meta name=generator content="RoboHELP by eHelp Corporation - www.ehelp.com">

thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pam

Just some information that may help here. In RoboHelp HTML, if you click Tools > Options... > HTML Editors tab, you see all the known editors listed. The default editor is normally set for RoboHelp WYSIWYG. However, you can use any editor you like. This is where the Auto-select comes into play.

If you have Auto-select selected, RoboHelp HTML looks for a META tag identifying the editor before the topic is opened. So if you have Dreamweaver and it has placed its own special META tag identifying the topic as having been created using Dreamweaver, then RoboHelp HTML launches Dreamweaver to edit the topic.

Now if you change the option from "Auto-select" to "Use Default Editor", all topics, regardless of what META tag identifies the creator will open in the RoboHelp HTML WYSIWYG editor.

The reason you see the dire warning about the topic possibly being open in the editor, is because RoboHelp is trying to edit the file. It has no clue whether you have the file open in Notepad, Dreamweaver, FrontPage, HomeSite or any other editor. So it is warning you that if you do have the file open, you should probably close it before continuing with RoboHelp.

Hopefully this helps better clarify why this is happening and what you can do to fix it.

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2006 Apr 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Rick. I now understand. Never had any reason to use another editor within RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp