7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2016 11:43 PM by Mylenium

Audio Spectrum Cuts?

NightStormYT

Hello, I have made this audio spectrum based off a tutorial... I had decided to make the spectrums a little bigger, but when I did at a certain point, they would cut, I have been playing around with everything and couldn't find anything, there were no other discussions that answered or fixed the problem.Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 11.19.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-28 at 11.19.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-28 at 11.32.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-28 at 11.18.59 PM.png

• 1. Re: Audio Spectrum Cuts?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You are simply seeing normal effect behavior. Your Magnify effect simply compresses the peaks as you reach the edge of the radius since it simulates a curved lens where this would also happen. You need to tone down your settings to avoid it or use otehr effects.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Audio Spectrum Cuts?
            NightStormYT Level 1

My friend had told me there was a circular shaped mask that was on top of the spectrum and was why it was covering parts of the spectrums, could this be? If so, how can I access the mask and remove it?

And also for what you said about the spectrum reaching the edge of the radius, how can I increase the radius so I can see more of the spectrum? (If possible)

• 3. Re: Audio Spectrum Cuts?
              Dave LaRonde Level 6

Oh, there MIGHT be a circular mask on a layer.  We can't tell from the screen shot, and besides -- you made the animation, so you would know.  Just make the circle mask bigger if you want it to be bigger.

• 4. Re: Audio Spectrum Cuts?
                NightStormYT Level 1

No masks exist, I didn't create any masks when I made this.. (As you see, the "Remove all Masks" can not be used.)Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 6.12.30 PM.png

• 5. Re: Audio Spectrum Cuts?
                  Dave LaRonde Level 6

Play around with the settings in that second Magnify screen shot.  See what happens.

• 6. Re: Audio Spectrum Cuts?
                    NightStormYT Level 1

OK so I have a few more things to add... Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 11.07.14 PM.png

So I keep playing around with the settings in for the picture below, I see that the green cuts at the border, If i move it back so where it doesn't it moves the whole spectrum over and it look funny, Any way to make this area larger? Composition Settings didn't change a thing. I changed the size of the composition and it didn't change.Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 11.07.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-29 at 11.10.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-29 at 11.10.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-29 at 11.11.09 PM.pngThis is really starting to frustrate me I would really wish there was masks to remove but there are none, I just don't understand why they cut like this, it annoys me.

• 7. Re: Audio Spectrum Cuts?
                      Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Whut? You're already cutting off your peaks on the layer, so I'm not sure what you are  asking. Effects cannot render outside the layer bounds. You need to work with larger layers or tone down your amplitudes so they fit on the layer/ inside the comp. That's a fundamental thing you need to understand and accept.

Mylenium