4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2006 7:24 PM by RoboWizard

Invalid URL Problem

biketrials12
      Robohelp is telling me that I am creating an invalid url. When I try and complie the program to flash help it won't write the url I have specified. example <a href="/folder/page"> turns into <a href=""> The url is not in the projuct, but actually a sub folder on our server. It works if I hack the html/code after the help file is compiled, but I can't go in and hack the files everytime i compile a new help document. Is there anyway to get around or turn off this anoying feature?
        • 1. Re: Invalid URL Problem
          biketrials12 Level 1
          I am also getting the message "the hyperlink is outside the current project" when this url is created.
          • 2. Re: Invalid URL Problem
            biketrials12 Level 1
            what i am trying to do is load the html from another folder below the project
            • 3. Re: Invalid URL Problem
              biketrials12 Level 1
              <li style="font-weight: normal; /*begin!kadov{{*/ font-weight: normal; /*}}end!kadov*/ "
              class=kadov-p><p style="font-weight: normal;">Make sure you are
              on the <a title="The local area zones setup page."
              href="../../../../../webPageManagement/courierDeliverySetup/localAreaZones/"
              target=_blank>local courier zones setup page</a>.<br> </p></li>

This code above doesn't work, the code below si what appears when the program is compiled

<li style="font-weight: normal; /*begin!kadov{{*/ font-weight: normal; /*}}end!kadov*/ "
              class=kadov-p><p style="font-weight: normal;">Make sure you are
              on the <a title="The local area zones setup page."
              href=""
              target=_blank>local courier zones setup page</a>.<br> </p></li>
              • 4. Re: Invalid URL Problem
                RoboWizard Level 4
                Hi biketrials12

One way to accomplish what you are trying to do is to use something called a "redirect" page. Surely you have encountered these on the web. These are pages that you land on where they have a message to the effect of :

Our page has moved. Please update your bookmarks. The new page will appear in 5 seconds. If you are not redirected, click this link.

These pages have code in the HTML that causes a different page to load up.

The link below contains some information on how to create a redirect page if you are interested.

Click here to read the article

Cheers... Rick